The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Crazy Speculation) Discussion

Here is somewhat what we look like today....it is also our depth chart as well, on the big club and Utica

Miller           Pettersson       Boeser                                        Edler           Myers                                    Markstrom (*11)

Pearson         Horvat           Ferland                                        Hughes      Tanev                                     Demko (*5)

Roussel        Gaudette        Virtanen                                       Benn           Stetcher

Schaller          Beagle          Sutter                                                Fantenberg

Leivo              Motte             Eriksson

*Baertschi and Eriksson will both be traded or retire and will not in Canucks plans

Where the question to me, is...….where are we in 2 years?

Hoglander       Madden        Podkolzin                                   Brisebois        Tryamkin (*8)                       DiPietro

Goldobin          Focht            Lind                                            Juolevi            Rafferty                               Solovs

Gadjovich       Karlsson      MacEwen                                     Rathbone       Woo                                     Kielly

Keppan                                 Jasek                                          Sautner           Eliot

Teves              Chatfield

Utenen

Note 1...……..All players exempt or protected are Hi-lited

Note 2...……..Eriksson will retire/traded

Note 3...……..Edler will be a UFA, and renegotiating a new contract (if not retired) 

Note 4...……..Tanev will be protected or traded

Note 5...……..IMO, in the end Demko (*11) will be protected, unless DiPietro really shows well between now and 2021 TDL

Note 6...……..Rathbone is exempt

Note 7...……..Juolevi will be protected if his health issues clear and he shows well between now and then

Note 8...……. Tryamkin is exempt if he re-signs

Note 9...……..Lind, Jasek, Rafferty and Teves all are at the end of their 1st contracts, and will be RFA's at the end of next year

Note 10...…...Hoglander, Madden, Podkolzin, Focht, Gadjovich, Karlsson, Keppen ,Rathbone, Woo, Eliot, Utenen,  Kielly, and Solovs are all exempt (Rookies)

Note 11...…...If DiPietro show well in Utica this year. I believe Markstrom will be signed and Demko traded

** I am really unsure of #5 and #11

So here are my CRAZY thoughts so far this year, based on wild speculation and prospect reports...….drum role please!

-  All 3 of Hoglander, Madden and Podkolzin will be on the team within 2 years. All will have played against men in minor leagues for 2 seasons by then.

(Hoglander and Podkolzin with Horvat,...….. and Madden with Gaudette)

-  Rafferty and Tryamkin will both be playing in the NHL. Tryamkin this year and Rafferty by next Christmas/TDL

-  Fantenberg will be re-signed

-  The Canuck will end up with the 12th to 14th pick in the 2019 - 2020 NHL Entry Draft

(they will have 1-1st, 2-2nds and a 3rd) in the first 3 rounds

- CDC will be calling for Coaching changes, but Benning will show resolve and support Green and Co.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

So here are my CRAZY thoughts so far this year, based on wild speculation and prospect reports...….drum role please!

so i suggest you add goldobin to your list of players who are gone after this season

and after your crazy thoughts line

i think it best to reduce by 1/2 the players that you seem sure will make the team

i am on the fence about tryamkin

if he comes over this spring and makes the team

then you have to account for the extra dmen in tanev/stetcher (or perhaps another is shipped in an unexpected trade)

if marky re-signs

i think demko will be traded at tdl next season at the earliest

and even at that, it is too soon to know as he may fall down a bit more then he has since the start of this season

he is not a sure thing as a goalie, but many signs point to him succeeding

• Cheers 1

If it's crazy talk, then why not.

I think Edler will likely be done after this contract, will we resign Tanev, not sure. So this would actually be a good time to bring in a guy like PK for the next 3 years and perhaps beyond, as I do think he would be a good fit here but only if they retain at least $3M.

As much as I like Sutter, we need durability, so any more injuries and start thinking about his replacement. Then if Ferland is done, we need yet another top 6. 

I'm thinking that Baer on waivers might be the beginning of JB getting ready to do something, so we shall see.

Edited by aliboy

3 hours ago, coastal.view said:

so i suggest you add goldobin to your list of players who are gone after this season

and after your crazy thoughts line

i think it best to reduce by 1/2 the players that you seem sure will make the team

i am on the fence about tryamkin

if he comes over this spring and makes the team

then you have to account for the extra dmen in tanev/stetcher (or perhaps another is shipped in an unexpected trade)

if marky re-signs

i think demko will be traded at tdl next season at the earliest

and even at that, it is too soon to know as he may fall down a bit more then he has since the start of this season

he is not a sure thing as a goalie, but many signs point to him succeeding

Yes, I totally agree, with you and the other posters above, which is why I wanted to get a discussion going on this...…..

I totally recognize that all players not on the big team are question marks and guesses.....but that is where our hopes are.....if not there, where?

It seems everybody (not all, but most) seem to think we are a playoff team, which we could be, if we are lucky, but just as likely is we are still on the outside

When I started looking at this, I had thought we were strong up the middle, goaltending and LHD, but started looking at this as more that we are deeper at RHD

if all turns out...…..

"IF" our top prospects did turn out, we are still in need of some heavy lifters that have some talent...…..and we IMO are short on LW and LHD, again we need some weight.

Looking at teams like SJ and Vegas (just because we have just played them), and we are lighter, in retrieving the puck.....same on LHD, where we can not clear the net

as need be against heavier teams.

So, yes....I don't think we have completed the rebuild, and yes, if we do have our top prospect graduate as suggested, we will have to be moving guys...…..

I thought about suggesting trades, but again as you rightfully pointed out, not all will reach their ceiling, and therefore not all guys will be pushed out...…..

My shopping list...….a LW power forward, a Top RHD, and a big #3/4 LHD...…...how we get them, if we don't have them.....I have not a clue

(which is why I sent you that private message Coastal. view.....) LOL