The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A "Would U" NJ, Van(Proposal)

Something to blab about..dreamt up, looking at SNet headlines...

NJ: Taylor Hall, Rooney, some meh farm C-prospect(the 2 extra bodies is just to balance out team contracts)

Van: OJ, Madden, Baer, Pearson, 2021 1st(or 2022, depending if Hall is signed)

edit: to clarify, the pick is cond on Hall signing. Maybe guarantee a 2021 2nd, if he doesn't sign?

Again..just for discussion/opinions. Not sure if I would take this plunge? I could see Madden being quite enticing(to Devs) since his Pa starred there.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

additional stuff: Baer & Pearson about 7 mill cap hit, next season. Further incentive to us to dump them two tickets.

Hall at 6,000,000 AAV make it almost cap-neutral(w/ Rooney added)

edit: about the pick. We keep our 2020 if we miss PO's. Then TBay gets 2021 & NJ gets 2022(IF we signed Hall after season)

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

So a broken Olli Juolevi, Baer who has a history of concussions (who cleared waivers), a prospect, Pearson who played on 3 different teams last year, and a 1st rounder for a guy who won the Hart Trophy 2 years ago.

Would you make this deal?

Not even sure I would if I'm JB? What if Hall gets injured? You lose some good future pieces.

He hasn't exactly endeared himself to that market. Will anyone cough up blue chip pieces?

13 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Give us your MVP for our spare parts/damaged goods.

Doesn’t sound like a CDC proposal at all.......^_^

I don't think these things are so clear, nowadays. Take the Karlsson deal..everyone initially claimed the Sens got robbed.

Now, let the Sharks PAY 92,000,000$$$ smackers to an aging D, with iffy health. Dorion & Melnyk take the 6 cheaper assets, & would do so again, in a heartbeat.

******Is it a new paradigm?*****

Can't speak for 31 GM's, but more & more of these swaps are making the "Big Fish" deal, lose it's lustre.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

The only way I would even consider this is if Hall came with an extension. Even then, I don’t know if I would do it. 

Prob too true. With all our cap hang-ups, it's prob wasting time, just mulling these hypothetical deals.

What's interesting is many teams don't have much space to play with. NJ might get a pretty mediocre return, considering Hall's resume.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Something to blab about..dreamt up, looking at SNet headlines...

NJ: Taylor Hall, Rooney, some meh farm C-prospect(the 2 extra bodies is just to balance out team contracts)

Van: OJ, Madden, Baer, Pearson, 2021 1st(or 2022, depending if Hall is signed)

edit: to clarify, the pick is cond on Hall signing. Maybe guarantee a 2021 2nd, if he doesn't sign?

Again..just for discussion/opinions. Not sure if I would take this plunge? I could see Madden being quite enticing(to Devs) since his Pa starred there.

Hall for Boeser, straight up

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think a Hall trade would involve Boeser+ going the other way.

Boeser under contract has to have some value.......?

Hall being UFA makes him an expensive cup run addition to a serious cup contender

Hall is a pending UFA.  So unless he signs an extension why would a team trade any assets at all unless they are making the trade at the deadline for a Cup run?

I would wait to see if he becomes a UFA in the summer then see if Loui retires and we can get rid of some other contracts like Sutter and Baertschi.  It would only make sense if we can dump contracts or else he wouldn’t fit under the cap.

Edited by Elias Pettersson

Overpayment..

Hall is a rental. No way you give up a solid roster player 2 B prospects and a 1st...

ARZ is thought to have the best package on the table for Hall and neither of their top 2 prospects, Hayton or Soderstrom are involved.  

Kevin Bahl is the sticking point.. OHL Dman 6'6 230 lbs 2018 2nd round pick. 

I'd assume a roster player like Soderberg will go back for cap purposes + a pick + Bahl..

Madden OJ Pearson alone too much let alone adding the 1st...

Madden + LE and 1st or OJ + LE and 1st is max I would pay since Hall wants to go UFA.

If Hall extends contract then Virtanen + LE + 2nd or 3rd

I don't see JB making a move for Hall. He'll wait until TDL if this team is in the hunt for playoffs he'll make a move then..

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I like Hall, but for a pending UFA, that feels like too much. If we could sign him, I'd rather wait until July 1 and get him for free then.

Why do I have a feeling Boston is going to get him, like he’s going to a team that is for sure making the playoffs. No bubble teams, and unlike toronto Boston didn’t 

pay their stars 11 million each

Edited by Dats hockey