The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We have 5 regulation wins in our last 23 games. Just a slump or something more?

Rate this topic

DonaldBrashear

On 12/27/2019 at 12:17 AM, kingofsurrey said:

Leafs have 13 cups......  just sayin......     we got a few 2nd place finishes 

Last Leaf cup win was in 1966-67 and most of their Cups were won in the 1940s and early 1960s in the 6 team NHL. 

Canucks weren’t even in the league to compete for The Cup........So not really a fair comparison, 

Just like the barometer for success on this thread.  

Blues won three regulation games out of seven to win the Stanley Cup last year. Were they in a slump too?

Looking back over the years, l recall the Habs winning 4 OT games in the SCF.  Should they forfeit the Cup because they won no games in regulation time?

Sometimes the rush to judgement to find fault with the team just floors me.

Canucks are improving slowily but surely and it’s getting harder for the 15% to find ways to dump on the team.  Glass is half full and getting fuller, and it’s not raining over here. 

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Leafs have 13 cups......  just sayin......     we got a few 2nd place finishes 

Leafs won their fair share as an original six team no doubt.   Best they could do since expansion was the western finals a couple times.   Also they haven't had much on their teams either as far as individual player hardware since then either.   Gilmour was close to winning a Hart trophy once, no Art Ross trophies or much of anything really other then Burns and he's a coach.  

Im sure if the Canucks were and original six team they'd have some cups too.   Must suck to be a Leaf fan.   They have their legends.   But even they don't stack up well to some of their original six bethren, especially their players.   MTL, DET, and CHI had better HHOFers...maybe Boston too.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

You are such a troll.

Why would you use such a negative term..... I hate the leafs as much as anyone..... but i am able to recognize them as a club with a solid history.

The modern leaf franchise has had very little success on the ice ..... no doubt.  I actually have more contempt towards  the Canadian  media centred in Toronto for their bias towards the leafs...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 10:59 AM, kingofsurrey said:

Why would you use such a negative term..... I hate the leafs as much as anyone..... but i am able to recognize them as a club with a solid history.

The modern leaf franchise has had very little success on the ice ..... no doubt.  I actually have more contempt towards  the Canadian  media centred in Toronto for their bias towards the leafs...

That would be solid ancient history. :ph34r:

6 hours ago, KeslerWho? said:

This thread aged badly 

You bet.   Keep looking to see if the OP is going to edit it.   Brash should start a different thread complaining about team defense or something...if he fixes that for us too we win a cup this Spring.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 10:22 PM, theo5789 said:

The Leafs also have been in the league like 53 years longer than we have and their last Cup was before our existence in the NHL. So technically their drought is longer than ours and how many 2nd place finishes have they had since we joined the NHL?

0. I think.

How is it possible that they have never even reached a SCF in 54 years? The amount of money that they've put into it, it feels like they should have had more success.

If Canadiens are the Yankees of the NHL (most championships, monopolized many great Quebec players in the past). Toronto thinks that they are the Red Sox, a fierce rival of the evil empire but in reality, they are more like the Baltimore Orioles of the NHL.

12 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Sorry for the bump but just have to update that the Canucks now have 11 regulation wins in their last 14 games. :emot-parrot:

FIRE THE COACH!!! 

New thread: We have 11 regulation wins in our 14 games. Just a fluke or something more?

• Haha 1