Lines in practice today:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Sutter/Beagle-Motte

Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers
Benn-Stecher

We honestly should be trying new things on the blue line we aren’t getting it done, Brogan Rafferty is playing great give him a shot, he’ll try anything Breezer chatfield teve or OJ we’ve been getting murdered back there

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

I will laugh at all the Fire Green crowd if the next days headlines read:

Canucks name Newell Brown intern Head coach ! 

Lets hope we win this one . 

Go Canucks Go !

I think if that happened every hockey fan everywhere ever would be laughing at us. There is common stupidity and there is supreme stupidity and this would be the ultimate supreme stupidity.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, #Canucks said:

We need two things:

1.Upgrade on both if not one of Leivo and Pearson.

2. New coaching systems

Ferland or Miller were supposed to be that upgrade. Unfortunately that hasn't panned out with Ferland, although it didn't seem like he got much time to try it out. 

I don't know why we haven't tried Gaudette on Horvats wing 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Pete M said:

Going to the game!

It'll be a fun one to be at....cause I'm predicting a hard fought win for the Green and blue.

Here's what they need to do (coaches please pay attention!....okay then, sit down, shut up and listen!)

1. Limit the F&$K'n dump ins; rather, enter the zone with possession by setting up the attack triangle by getting the puck wide crossing the blue line...one guy trails and the other goes for the net, then move the puck quick....it's all about timing and space by knowing when to pass it.

2. Set up the neutral zone regroup by having the dmen hold on to the puck (not dumping it in) take it back to their blue line or dzone to allow the forwards to clear the zone; again, maintain puck possession by passing dman to dman, then passing up the boards to the forward who has cleared the zone and the center man or weak side wing moves to support the man on boards by entering the ozone wide and setting up the attack triangle....I mean, set up the attack triangle every f&$k'n time...it's a hard play to stop if they play fast, but a simple play to execute. Use the neutral zone to create time and space in order to set up the f&$k'n attack triangle

3. Take the man when he is there for the taking...do not stick check or skate past him...wipe him the f&$K out!

4. Shoot the puck and hit the net...drive the net for the rebounds

5. Do what I say!

I've noticed this so much this season. Whenever the Canucks pass back to their blueline and reset rather than dumping it in, they play so much better. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Ferland is a write off ..

He's done.. doesn't get touched in the head in a fight out 2 months.. 

Put him on LTIR retirement.. 

CAR coaches had issues with him for a reason. 

LTIR retired .. move on. 

David Clarkson 2.0

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

He might need to go but he's still a Canuck ..we should try and give him a little respect.

After so many fans shows no respect for Loui when he's a Canuck I think the respect train has left. So Green is only getting similar treatment as Loui. Green is't in the rude zone yet though. 

But, I think we can win this. A little tigher at the defence will do it. I don't think the players want to put DiPietro in the same hot seat as last time against the Sharks. 

Edited by Timråfan

2 hours ago, KeslerWho? said:

Ferland or Miller were supposed to be that upgrade. Unfortunately that hasn't panned out with Ferland, although it didn't seem like he got much time to try it out. 

I don't know why we haven't tried Gaudette on Horvats wing 

Gauds deserves a shot for atleast 10 games with Bo.

6 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

I will laugh at all the Fire Green crowd if the next days headlines read:

Canucks name Newell Brown intern Head coach ! 

Lets hope we win this one . 

Go Canucks Go !

There is no rule that says you must insert an assistant

Pete BeBoer is the the best coach available and would be an amazing fit, he is also available and has stated he would coach this year 

3 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

We honestly should be trying new things on the blue line we aren’t getting it done, Brogan Rafferty is playing great give him a shot, he’ll try anything Breezer chatfield teve or OJ we’ve been getting murdered back there

That’s not Green and it wasn’t Willie 

Those guys are inexperienced and clueless and it does not help when you throw in a big dose of arrogance 

Green just stays the course and prays for different results. AKA insane 

Hoping Jake continues his strong play. Liked his PP play. Pearson has played some solid hockey but he is a 3rd line player who can be moved up when needed. Leivo is a work in progress and unless pushed by another player should stay where he is. 

The d-core is the weak spot right now. Fantenberg has been a nice surprise. Bottom line is that Edler is still the best d-man the club has and he is missed. Still think that Tanev should have been moved a couple of years ago. Stecher is not long term. Ok for regular season but will be eaten alive in playoffs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2