The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Golden Knights @ Canucks Dec 19 2019 - 7pm - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

Markstrom has been showing the strain the last few games with uncharacteristic outbursts. They will break him.

I guessed the Canucks would get 5/6 wins in Dec, so far 3 so they need to get at least 2 out of the last 5 games

They have to leash Hughes, the more he is free wheeling is causing chaos with the Canucks system, the bad part though is he will be very exposed as defensively deficient and it will take some of the entertainment value out of the game, but is a win worth a double axle?

Vegas 4th line ate the Nux like they were feasting on Chex, there was nobody to challenge them.

About the only thing Green can do is line matchups and change the lines, maybe throw Eriksson into the fray and try to go full trap.

I do get irritated when Hughes can skate around all over the place but the rest of the team has to play, skate to the red line and give the puck to the other team and then try to get it back, hockey

The players will give all they got, they have been all along but other teams just got more better than them. Miller is good for now, but not nearly enough and the need is for more than one more player. That first will come back to haunt this team.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

14 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

I do get irritated when Hughes can skate around all over the place but the rest of the team has to play, skate to the red line and give the puck to the other team and then try to get it back, hockey

His skating is so silky smooth and his ability to strip the puck (back) even when he loses it something special.

I don't care that he's given that allowance...it's what makes him shine bright.  Green obviously sees the mistakes when they are made but is treating it as something to tweak and not change.  I'd hate them to change his game.  200%.  Are you kidding?  He's a real gem and you don't really mess with that.  Others don't have the skating/puck control ability that he has.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, coastal.view said:

oh great

another lost

that we can read and post about

nah, gonna give it i a miss this time

very uncanuck and very unfan of me

but i'm doing too well betting against this team

it is no longer fun

I just want the Canucks to fight back, feisty and Grinchey, lay on some hits!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Personally, I think the Canucks are going to pull off the victory tonight. Am I ever jealous of the Vegas 4th line tho....size and speed that just has its way when they are on the ice, too bad our 4th line isn't built like that!

Also, when will the lines finally read:

Pettersson JT Miller Boeser?

JT takes all of the faceoffs, to me if you aint taking the draws your considered a winger...I knoe EP slides to the middle afterwards. Hoping Manny can help EP get better in the faceoff dot so he can become a well rounded Centerman for us.

EP will eventually be good on the draws. One thing I have no doubt on EP is his work ethic and willingness to improve on his weaknesses.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice today:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Sutter/Beagle-Motte

Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers
Benn-Stecher

Lets go hard for the win boys

Go Canucks Go