The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Golden Knights @ Canucks Dec 19 2019 - 7pm - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

17 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

When is the last time we won 5 games in a row? Honest question 

Past seasons was 4 at most.  There was a 6 in a row in 2016/17.  From 28 December to 6 January - LAK, ANA (in OT), EDM (in a SO), COL, ARI, CGY.  

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Read the part up there about "panic", "clocks set differently", etc.  Quinn and Petey weren't even here 4 years ago.

Six guys are here that were here 4 years ago.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000392016.html

So no....this team has very little connected to 4 years ago.

And....so you want a different Quinn Hughes?  

Not panic, disgust.

Names sometimes don't matter, more the skill levels, is Motte that much better than Granlund? It is more skill levels, Now the team has the highest paid bottom 6 in the league but they aren't doing much more than 4 years ago.

If there is all this improvement, why are they almost in the exact same position as 4 years ago? Pettersson replaces a Sedin almost, Boeser a Sedin a bit but the team was losing with HoF players.

A sad byproduct of those players not here anymore is that the team got nothing in return or even gave away the future to get them.

4 years ago the on this date - 33 pts, today - 36 pts

30 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Not panic, disgust.

Names sometimes don't matter, more the skill levels, is Motte that much better than Granlund? It is more skill levels, Now the team has the highest paid bottom 6 in the league but they aren't doing much more than 4 years ago.

If there is all this improvement, why are they almost in the exact same position as 4 years ago? Pettersson replaces a Sedin almost, Boeser a Sedin a bit but the team was losing with HoF players.

A sad byproduct of those players not here anymore is that the team got nothing in return or even gave away the future to get them.

Why are you comparing THIS group to one 4 years ago?  That's your first mistake.  In short...the one 4 years ago was getting "too old" and this roster is still "young".  You're stuck on progress in relation to points/standings but you don't see a different game being played?  Faster?  More exciting?  More goals???  We screamed for more goals and, up until we hit the skid, were getting them.

And, in comparing and seeing we're slightly ahead of a roster that did have the Sedins, Burr, etc (even if they were past their best before dates)....I'd say these guys'll be just fine.  Keep at it.

If you're disgusted by this team I'm at a loss for words.  I see a bright future...maybe look ahead instead of backwards?

1 minute ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Please, if you so disgusted, please go cheer for another team

there i said please even

I disagree with the word "Panic", it demeans the intellect of this market and makes seem like shallow fans with expectations of instant imprvement.

Disgust is more to do with that after 5 years of Benning, this team is behind other teams in rebuilding,has fewer draft picks playing, is capped out and cannot make trades, have so many players other teams don't want because of contracts or play, disgust that so people still don't see how much the future is negatively affected by these contracts and players locked into this team for years yet.

No posters and fans should not panic, this team is right where they are, bottom third of the league, one or two very young players are not going to get the team an additional 30 points over night.

I say disgust, do you have some other adjective?

3 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

The you have Pettersson, Boeser and Horvat playing defence or some other forward

i think you are over stating how much this happens. Id say half of the time EP is on the ice there is a different defense pairing on the ice.  Also, having an offensively gifted d man rush the puck is not unusual. Id rather have QH enter the zone with possession then hand it over to a forward than the meat and potatoes dump n chase that we are seeing so much of.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Isn’t the game at home? That place he never shows up at? Love the kid but boy does he stink at home... 

Backstory of my post, yes. 

Vegas is slumping, so Slump Buster Canucks should win tonight. 

Like a bizarre charity foundation or something, our team. 

Slump Buster Canucks. 

Sad, but true. 

37 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Problem is Boeser and Horvat needs to step up.

no the problem is, this is a young team  that are going to have ups and downs, what happened to all the fans on here who were excited about this team no matter what happens,  this has nothing to do with Boeser and Bo!!!! the team will get going again

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Horvat is not the same player he was before being named captain. Maybe it's just coincidence.What I don't understand is that Bo is the leader (captain) so shouldn't he be given the best wingers to play with on the top line? Let's face it, he's struggling with Pearson and Leivo and what other bottom 6 wingers they stick him with, and he's done what has been asked of him since he got here without any complaining. Are they taking advantage of Bo? It's time the Canucks start respecting Bo as the captain and building the team around him - not Pettersson. Petey is like a secret weapon, although, it's no longer a secret. But he's struggling too at times, with the physicality, and being hounded against the best defenders.

Miller - Horvat - Boeser

Roussel - Pettersson - Virtanen

Pettersson would have Roussel and Jake on his wings, to look out for him, but more importantly, to get to pucks quick and off to him for a shot. If they do this, watch Jake's and Antoine's point totals go up. Boeser is having to battle for pucks and having to go to the dirty areas, and he's taking a beating. Let Roussel and Jake do the heavy lifting for Pettersson. And let Bo be the leader of this team, giving him every chance to succeed. Same with the top lione, let Bo and Miller do the heavy lifting while Boeser onetimes lasers from the slot.

no thanks!!!

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

You know, you're absolutely correct. That is the plan I think - challenge for a playoff spot (wildcard) They're not too far behind yet, so it's still possible they can turn this around and be good again. Kind of an eye opener though, doing so well to start the season (they say the Canucks had the easisest schedule to start), and now reality has set in. This is the team we've got. I guess we can hope other teams get key injuries and lose games.  

Our top players have not been producing lately. I think once they get some confidence going and maybe some luck, we'll get right back on track.
It's not going to be easy, but they need to start winning more divisional games. Giving up 2 pts against a divisional rival is going to hurt their chances
4 of the next 5 games are divisional games and they need to find a way to win both the Vegas game tonight and the Calgary game at the very least. They're 4-5-1 against their division and 2 of those wins were against LA who were way below them at the time.

20 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Not panic, disgust.

Hmm, you remind me of another guy who used to preach going back 4 years.  Know him?

There has not been a GM in the NHL that has lasted as long as Benning with such a losing record. Since September 2015 to date the win percentage of .386 is the worst in Canuck history since the first four years of expansion, this doesn't change 319 games played, 123 games won and the 196 lost....

...in 2015 this team had 31 W and 51 L

• Cheers 1