The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, stawns said:

Disagree, I think that's a myth based on what other people project on to him.  He's been one of the more consistently engaged all season.

To be honest, everyone will slack off here and there, no matter at work or at school, it's normal. Consistency is when you are engaged a majority of the time which I believe he has been.

Very excited game!

EP-40 scored twice.

Marky was solid again.

Brock is fast liked Jake, Jake is skill liked Brock.

Tanev was the OT winner, wonderful.

Fantanberg was the best D last night.

Wish Levio is okay.

Keep the hardworking in Saturday.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

If beagle/Schaller/motte can keep their chemistry going I think you might see them more at the end of games.   Wouldn't be surprised if Roussel gets time with Bo as well to closegames

that really seems to be working well, doesn't it. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, spur1 said:

The Gaudette Virt Rooster line are passing the eye test for me. 

I only wish Gaud could win more draws and play good enough defensively to PK. If he can’t improve on those things then 3rd line Center is not a position for him long term. 

Top 6 RW would be. 

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I only wish Gaud could win more draws and play good enough defensively to PK. If he can’t improve on those things then 3rd line Center is not a position for him long term. 

Top 6 RW would be. 

Yup next off season is huge for him. He knows he can play in this league. If he can win 11 out of 20 draws and be a solid penalty killer, the kid will be a better version of Kesler. 

Edmonton loses again tonight. They are on an even worse downward spiral than we are. They play B2B games too, tomorrow they play against Montreal. If they lose tomorrow and we win tomorrow then we could tie them for points when we play them on the 23rd, but we would be ahead of them because we would have 1 game in hand. In other words, we could theoretically be in a playoff position in the next 72 hours before christmas which is hilarious.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Yup next off season is huge for him. He knows he can play in this league. If he can win 11 out of 20 draws and be a solid penalty killer, the kid will be a better version of Kesler. 

For sure. Then we can get rid of Sutter. 

If not we’ll have to replace/re-sign Sutter(preferably replace) but we’d have one more top 6 winger in Gaudette. 

win-win situation. 

3 hours ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Lmao you serious..? the guy is only 22 years old... which means he is 3 to 5 years away from his prime... and all signs point to him probably scoring 30-40 a year by then..
also.. 4.5 mil to 5.5 mill per..? are you living in the past by about 10 years..?

sorry but all these criticisms of Brock are mostly garbage takes.

Criticize Brock? How about just telling it as it is. He is a second tier player who can hang in there with the big boys. but he will not be that superstar we all thought he was. 

Please don’t use his point total as an indication, Just look at the amount of secondary assists he has be credited. What I am saying is, he isn’t bad, but he is not that super star player we had hoped for. This is a taboo to talk about, all of you are frustrated at how he hasn’t progressed since year 1, but someone has to say it. Everyone can see it. 

So moving forward, are you going to pay him 7.5 mil when we have to pay EP and Hughes potentially close to 10, each? Boeser can score 25 to 30 goals sure, but 7.5 mil? Really? From what I can remember vaguely, Pasternak is paid less than that. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I've included the stats of up to the 20 game mark of shots against- nothing crazy there.  But on the topic of shots against- is that indicative of systems in general or just poor defensive play by the players?  On nights where the Canucks do give up a lot of shots, they tend to shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers. VGK had about 40 shots in regulation and I was watching the defensive play closely- Canucks weren't turning the puck over in their zone like they have in recent games and VGK was able to generate.  Isn't that VG just showing they are a good team?

Personally, I thought Myers and Fantenberg had a pretty decent game last night, but if you take issue with deployment, ok I get that.  I think with Myers that's just the type of player he is- most of the time he can be good to steady and others might not be so hot.

With giving up leads I especially think it's because of the players.  This is a team still trying to find consistency.  

Screenshot_20191220-122625.jpg

This season, as last, has the players often boardgrinding and then when the turnover come it gets really dangerous because we invested too much energy and players along the boards. 

Andif you can watch any advanced stats of how dangerous shots against Marky versus the other goalie is it can be interesting. 

Boeser’s currently on pace for 80 points this season and some people want to trade him? Highly disagree with doing that.

He’s 4th in points for all right wingers in the NHL behind only David Pasternak, Patrick Kane, Andrei Svechnikov and Nikita Kucherov. Also tied with Mark Stone.

He’s 12th in the NHL in points for all wingers.

He’s 21st in the NHL in points for all forwards.

He’s a top line forward anyway you look at it meaning $7m-$8m+ will be reasonable with the coming cap increases and I don’t think we’ve seen his ceiling yet after only just over 2 seasons worth of hockey played with the Canucks. Give it 2-3 years; I bet fans will be very happy we kept him.

More then that though, he is a character guy both on and off the ice. Do we remember him taking a girl superfan to her prom? Or how he’s donating cash every time he gets a goal to a charity dedicated to finding a cure for what his dad is suffering from? You don’t want to lose that type of player.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Boeser’s currently on pace for 80 points this season and some people want to trade him? Highly disagree with doing that.

He’s 4th in points for all right wingers in the NHL behind only David Pasternak, Patrick Kane, Andrei Svechnikov and Nikita Kucherov. Also tied with Mark Stone.

He’s 12th in the NHL in points for all wingers.

He’s 21st in the NHL in points for all forwards.

He’s a top line forward anyway you look at it meaning $7m-$8m+ will be reasonable with the coming cap increases and I don’t think we’ve seen his ceiling yet after only just over 2 seasons worth of hockey played with the Canucks. Give it 2-3 years; I bet fans will be very happy we kept him.

More then that though, he is a character guy both on and off the ice. Do we remember him taking a girl superfan to her prom? Or how he’s donating cash every time he gets a goal to a charity dedicated to finding a cure for what his dad is suffering from? You don’t want to lose that type of player.

And we got Brock for 5.875 mill a season. Bargain price.

Markstrom, Pettersson and Tanev combine to streeetcchhhh out Travis Green's tenure as Vancouver's head coach and ward off the axe.

Team was seriously outplayed, but got some bounces.

Green contributed nothing.... except take a stupid time out one goal late.... again.