The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

all I'm hoping is Green doesn't split up Miller-Petey-Brock or Rous-AG-Jake to replace Leivo. Please god, don't let Green diddle with those two lines they are carrying the team.

I think this might be another chance for Pearson-Bo-Loui. 

Yup.  I can see LE with Bo again.  Or is Green done with LE?  If Big Mac plays ahead of LE, what does that tell us? 

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  I can see LE with Bo again.  Or is Green done with LE?  If Big Mac plays ahead of LE, what does that tell us? 

Loui makes the most sense to me from a line disruption pov, you can just slot him in Leivo's spot and not monkey with the rest of the team. I suppose Sutter could too but i think he's broken tbh. I don't think he could play the harder minutes with Bo. Zack isn't a top 6 guy either. 

But we'll see what the practice lines are. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Eriksson keeps getting saved by injuries... every time they are about to get healthy enough to need the roster spot, someone goes down.

I didn't think anything of it at the time but I did see Eriksson sitting with Jeff Gillooly in the poorly lit corner of a shady bar at the start of the year.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Like Big Mac, but was hoping to see a playmaking winger for Bo.  Why not Goldy for Bo’s wing? 

Green is done with Goldy and Baer since they aren't great 200 foot players.  I highly doubt we will ever see those guys back here again unless we are decimated by injuries.  I want to see them, Bo needs someone with some offensive punch but Green is too hell bent on making sure everyone has to be D first.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wanless said:

I wonder when Lind will get his shot

I like MacEwan and what he brings but Lind is more of the 2nd/3rd line player

Maybe Virtanen will be moved up and mac plays on the third

Lind is more top six suited at this point.  Hopefully when he gets his chance it won't be solely because of an injury.