[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just compare Loui and Big Mac:

Cap room                                Loui > Big Mac

Speed                                      Loui < Big Mac

Grit                                           Loui < Big Mac

Damage teammates                Loui > Big Mac

Good with Bo's wing                I don't know at the moment.

Conclusion:   Play Big Mac to-morrow seeing what Big Mac is suitable for Bo's line.

7 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Big Mac time!!

Thread's making me hungry

But seeing as @PhillipBlunt has basically turned this thread into a poll

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m partial to the Mozza myself. 

Mozza burger is ok. Teen Burger kicks its ass though.

On the big mac note, confession -

3am, drunk in a 24hr McDonalds I've ordered 2x quarter pounder with cheese "made like a mac" and then, well yes, I take the top bun off one of them and yeah.. 

Cont- I've done this more than once.

Goes well with fries and chicken nuggets. 

Edited by luckylager
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Thread's making me hungry

But seeing as @PhillipBlunt has basically turned this thread into a poll

Mozza burger is ok. Teen Burger kicks its ass though.

On the big mac note though, confession -

3am, drunk in a 24hr McDonalds I've ordered 2x quarter pounder with cheese "made like a mac" and then, well yes, I take the top bun off one of them and yeah.. 

Cont- I've done this more than once.

Goes well with fries and chicken nuggets. 

Beware, L2. Read some months back, some dude found a McD's burger that'd fallen under his truck seat. Apparently been there wks, with no signs of decay.

Mmm, sounds tasty eh? Lord knows what they're pumping into that meat, but the whole operation seems like some biological experiment. Might be safer to roll with radiation-sushi.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Russ said:

Green is done with Goldy and Baer since they aren't great 200 foot players.  I highly doubt we will ever see those guys back here again unless we are decimated by injuries.  I want to see them, Bo needs someone with some offensive punch but Green is too hell bent on making sure everyone has to be D first.

Actually Baer has been a very responsible player since he was sent down to Utica the first time years ago.  

When draft, Sven was not great defensively, played on the perimeter more and was soft.  Since then he focused a lot of his game on defense, he buzzes around the net and battle hard for pucks.... just concussions has derailed him big time.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he was tried there with Bo, it didn't work out, he's not quite ready yet

Well that's because he only had limited time with them, give the guy a whole season and then we can pass judgment but hard to do that with a tiny sample size..  he has the tools, all he has to do is hone them some more but it's there.. much like Bo when he started out, took him some time but he arrived. Zack will too.. just needs time..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Actually Baer has been a very responsible player since he was sent down to Utica the first time years ago.  

When draft, Sven was not great defensively, played on the perimeter more and was soft.  Since then he focused a lot of his game on defense, he buzzes around the net and battle hard for pucks.... just concussions has derailed him big time.

Agreed, my issue is Sven not getting a proper shot at showing he could play in the NHL this year, 6 games is a small sample size...2pts in those games isn't horrible either. He needed more time to get used to the faster pace and intensity of the game. I am a bit surprised Coach Green has been so hesitant to give him that chance, known Sven for a long time...maybe he is trying to protect him from the large players and faster game and not getting concussed again. But that could easily happen in the AHL too.

I will never understand why Sven is not on the Canucks roster, its hogwash to say he can't play on the 3rd line or be decent addition to the 2nd PP unit. He may not be top 6 on our current roster but when we are slumping he could be injected onto Bo's line. 

It is what it is at this point, I am disappointed how it has played out for Sven that's for sure!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Rather Loui be the 14th forward than someone who has more developing to do.  But yeah, imo he's 15th in pecking order for forwards.  IF there is ever 100% health, he could face waivers.  Highly unlikely that'll happen though.

We shouldn’t be carrying 14 forwards At all, we have only been doing that because of Loui.

For years we have been carrying 8 D instead.

It can only help development to platoon guys up to spend time with the big club, they they don’t have to stay for so long they get stunted on playing time.  A guy like Rafferty could benefit greatly by having a few stints with the big club practising and getting used to the environment in preparation for actually getting g an injury call up and playing later in the season.

8 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Well that's because he only had limited time with them, give the guy a whole season and then we can pass judgment but hard to do that with a tiny sample size..  he has the tools, all he has to do is hone them some more but it's there.. much like Bo when he started out, took him some time but he arrived. Zack will too.. just needs time..

has all the tools for what? who is he going to bypass on the depth chart for the top 6 in 2 seasons? If Zack was able to become a staple on the 3rd line that would be amazing for him imo. 

Bo also worked his way up from the 4th line btw. 

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Mac time to find your inner version of Reeves or any of the 3 Vegas 4th liners and you can likely stay up in the NHL making big bucks...

we need to stop putting this kind of expectation on Zack, he isn't Reaves and never will be. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Agreed, my issue is Sven not getting a proper shot at showing he could play in the NHL this year, 6 games is a small sample size...2pts in those games isn't horrible either. He needed more time to get used to the faster pace and intensity of the game. I am a bit surprised Coach Green has been so hesitant to give him that chance, known Sven for a long time...maybe he is trying to protect him from the large players and faster game and not getting concussed again. But that could easily happen in the AHL too.

I will never understand why Sven is not on the Canucks roster, its hogwash to say he can't play on the 3rd line or be decent addition to the 2nd PP unit. He may not be top 6 on our current roster but when we are slumping he could be injected onto Bo's line. 

It is what it is at this point, I am disappointed how it has played out for Sven that's for sure!

It is a sad story for Baer. That said you cannot ignore the reality of his long term health. He has struggled throughout his NHL career to play healthy and develop consistency. He has been waived 2X now with no one taking him. If he continues to produce in Utica a team might pick him up come the TDL. Playoff hockey is a much heavier game and Baer would likely not stand up to it. I question Stecher & Tanev as well.  

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we need to stop putting this kind of expectation on Zack, he isn't Reaves and never will be. 

asking a big bodied Forward to hit and be heavy on the forecheck in a 4th line capacity is too much to ask...? Enjoy the AHL then Z Mac

On 12/20/2019 at 8:31 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

all I'm hoping is Green doesn't split up Miller-Petey-Brock or Rous-AG-Jake to replace Leivo. Please god, don't let Green diddle with those two lines they are carrying the team.

I think this might be another chance for Pearson-Bo-Loui. 

Louie has had his chances for how long now? 

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Macewan 

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen 

Motte Beagle Sutter 

Schaller

What do all of those players have over louie?

They're all credited with a hit so far this year 

10 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

asking a big bodied Forward to hit and be heavy on the forecheck in a 4th line capacity is too much to ask...? Enjoy the AHL then Z Mac

no, but invoking Reaves just puts too much pressure on him imo, he's not an enforcer. He could end up being very good on the forecheck tho. Its like when people around here thought Archibald was the answer to our team toughness. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Louie has had his chances for how long now? 

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Macewan 

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen 

Motte Beagle Sutter 

Schaller

What do all of those players have over louie?

They're all credited with a hit so far this year 

why would you break up lines 1 and 3 to replace Leivo? Sure you can put Mac in Leivo's spot, but as of now Loui is a better playmaker than Zac, which is what Bo's line needs more than hitting, imo. Sutter is a better fit there than Mac if he's healthy too. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

10 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Beware, L2. Read some months back, some dude found a McD's burger that'd fallen under his truck seat. Apparently been there wks, with no signs of decay.

Mmm, sounds tasty eh? Lord knows what they're pumping into that meat, but the whole operation seems like some biological experiment. Might be safer to roll with radiation-sushi.

Hard to find sushi at 3am.