The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

Surprised it wasn't Baertschi 

Really?

You think Bennings gonna call him up after his agent went public about the organization not treating him fairly.

Baerstchi will be in the minors the rest of the season. We need to be focusing on getting our young guys some experience.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, luckylager said:

Thread's making me hungry

But seeing as @PhillipBlunt has basically turned this thread into a poll

Mozza burger is ok. Teen Burger kicks its ass though.

On the big mac note, confession -

3am, drunk in a 24hr McDonalds I've ordered 2x quarter pounder with cheese "made like a mac" and then, well yes, I take the top bun off one of them and yeah.. 

Cont- I've done this more than once.

Goes well with fries and chicken nuggets. 

When they had 3$ Big Macs couple weeks ago, I didn't hesitate to pull into the drive thru.

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Really?

You think Bennings gonna call him up after his agent went public about the organization not treating him fairly.

Baerstchi will be in the minors the rest of the season. We need to be focusing on getting our young guys some experience.

Politics aside, I thought so because they need a replacement winger for Bo, and Baertschi has filled that role very well 

Just now, KeslerWho? said:

Politics aside, I thought so because they need a replacement winger for Bo, and Baertschi has filled that role very well 

Green has made it very clear he wants the team to play a certain style.

Baertschi just can’t play that style even if he is better offensively than some players.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/20/2019 at 2:58 PM, iceman64 said:

Goldy? We hardly need a smaller player who can and does get muscled off in the corner puck battles that we need to win and Big Mac suits that..

Goldobin is 6' 200 lbs... he is more solid than many of the guys on the team.

And the one time he got a chance this year, he knocked an opposition player on his butt.

What this team needs is more skill... they have a problem with scoring... or don't you remember??

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Baertschi just can’t play that style even if he is better offensively than some players.

You're right... and Green's style is not working.

Despite that, he continues to insist they do it his way.

The only time this team scores at even strength is when the players ignore Green's 'Style' and carry the puck into the opposing team's zone instead of dumping it in.

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Lol then green and Benning both should be fired for extending baertschi to a 3 year contract only to say he actually cant play the style i want... I'm sure green had input before baertschi was extended.. u dont randomly extend players if the coach dont think hes a fit.. its not like baertschi was a new player on the team.. so they know what his style is before he was even extended..

10 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

And the one time he got a chance this year, he knocked an opposition player on his butt.

What this team needs is more skill... they have a problem with scoring... or don't you remember??

that's not true... we need the balance of both...  like every other team...  we're in the same boat, whoever balances the best and has enough depth to get through the grueling playoff run... wins... 

20 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

When they had 3$ Big Macs couple weeks ago, I didn't hesitate to pull into the drive thru.

Maybe we on CDC can start a superstitious ritual..    as long as we are a aware that ZM is in afte game day practice,   We ALL go thru the driveway for one.

perhaps magically ZM has an outstanding game with our witchy-poo approach ;)

you.. me..  anyone else want to enlist?  :gocan:

Edited by SilentSam

On 12/21/2019 at 9:16 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

no, but invoking Reaves just puts too much pressure on him imo, he's not an enforcer. He could end up being very good on the forecheck tho. Its like when people around here thought Archibald was the answer to our team toughness. 

Unfortunately we don't have any players that play tough and hit everyone they can. The league is different now, I wish there was more physicality in the game

• Upvote 1

On 12/21/2019 at 3:57 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

Goldy can be a real possibility. Just look at Jake, it took him a number of years to learn how to being a productive and defensively responsible NHL player. Goldy can still pull it off. I saw that hit you mentioned and was very impressed.

14 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Unfortunately we don't have any players that play tough and hit everyone they can. The league is different now, I wish there was more physicality in the game

Motte does but he's too 'lil to intimidate. Reaves isn't a heat seeking missile every shift, but he is one scary mother&^@#er. Guys like this are rarer than #1D now. 

21 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

We do his name is Ferland.

Problem is whether he can effectively continue to play that style or not.

• 3 weeks later...