The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does Big Mac get to play, or is he just a warm body insurance policy?

He was F13 but was sent back down today.  Sutter is probably ready to return so someone will have to come out of the lineup to make room for him.

10 minutes ago, mll said:

He was F13 but was sent back down today.  Sutter is probably ready to return so someone will have to come out of the lineup to make room for him.

Or they could potentially be calling someone up from Utica since they’re right there.

2 hours ago, tas said:

... and lining his pockets with an nhl paycheque. 

I don't think he's complaining. 

He probably isn't too happy. Most of the guys just want to play hockey. Imagine just having a little taste and watching everyone else eat the sundae.
Paycheck or not I can believe that he would rather just be playing instead of sitting and watching. 

33 minutes ago, Boeser#1fan said:

He probably isn't too happy. Most of the guys just want to play hockey. Imagine just having a little taste and watching everyone else eat the sundae.
Paycheck or not I can believe that he would rather just be playing instead of sitting and watching. 

He is getting a lot of time with the players and NHL coaches who would be working with him on a daily basis.

It's not playing time but anyone who hasn't experienced that on a consistent basis is gonna benefit from it.

Will give him a lot more of an edge come next training camp when a lot of young guys will be trying to compete for a spot.

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He is getting a lot of time with the players and NHL coaches who would be working with him on a daily basis.

It's not playing time but anyone who hasn't experienced that on a consistent basis is gonna benefit from it.

Will give him a lot more of an edge come next training camp when a lot of young guys will be trying to compete for a spot.

Trade coming for one of our regular forwards?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Trade coming for one of our regular forwards?  

Hopefully.

But I doubt anyone takes Sutter, Baer or Eriksson off our hands this year.

Likely gonna see Schaller or Eriksson come out. They look like they need to sit.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Or something bigger before the TDL?  If Sutter is ready, could Gaud (I don’t think we should trade any of our young guys, but speculating what JB might do) be on the move?

I doubt it. We don't have enough cap to take anyone back and I doubt JB wants to move any of the young guys. In fact I think he wants to move Baer and perhaps Sutter to clear cap to re-sign some guys since Motte, Markstrom, Tanev, Gaud and Virtanen need new deals. I bet he prays to the hockey gods that Eriksson retires.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Boeser#1fan said:

I'm pretty sure if he was concerned he'd have his agent request that he get reassigned. 

he's making 10 times as much money while practicing and learning and improving. he's fine.