The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Penguins @ Canucks Dec 21 7PM on CBC Winter Solstice Edition

Rate this topic

Baer.

10 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

That is why EP should be the Captain

nothing against Bo but EP is the true leader 

EP is awesome!  Not only for his obvious offensive creativity but also for his defensive awareness and passionate play all over the ice.  If he were 20 or 30 pounds heavier he would have flattened that guy.  As it is, I like the effort.  If he could only stay on his skates a bit more but it is what it is.  Why can't everybody on our team play with passion like that?  That's what it is going to take to win.  We need every single player, including the guys who consider themselves "skill" players to make more hits.  It's still a contact game and if we ever make the playoffs we're going to need that to survive.  Go Canucks Go!

Edited by nux_win

15 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

100%, and you know Green will shorten the bench if LE isn't getting it done meaning Jake will get extra shifts on Bo's line anyways

Jake is RFA next year I am not sure that is good enough. "If the guy we have benched doesn't do very well, maybe, just maybe, we might put you in his spot"? Nice!

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Umm.....what?

I'll explain why i think Green is doing this if you promise not to yell at me. 

Loui and Bo actually have good numbers together, and even now Loui is a more skilled passer than big Mac. You also don't disrupt the three other lines that are working really well right now. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'll explain why i think Green is doing this if you promise not to yell at me. 

Loui and Bo actually have good numbers together, and even now Loui is a more skilled passer than big Mac. You also don't disrupt the three other lines that are working really well right now. 

Your stretching it there Jimmy. ::D

50 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Fractured Kneecap :o

Ouch!

I know a guy who was pulling a stump out with a bobcat 

he had a ratchet strap attached to the stump and the strap snapped sending the screw he had drilled into the stump shooting back into his knee cap.

he didn’t know it was broken in half for almost two weeks until he could finally no longer walk.

he missed one day of work.

i saw the knee. Rank.

• Cheers 1

When Leivo got hit from behind and hurt, it was Myers who was talking to the ref after, wanting an explanation. Where was Bo? I think he might've talked to the ref as well, but a bit later. I like Horvat, but I was expecting him to really go to war this year with a C on his jersey. Someone here mentioned before that Bo seems like too nice of a guy, and I agree, it takes a lot to pi** him off. Maybe he needs to play more pi**ed off, with the heart of a Roussel. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

You got that right, he is reminding me more and more like Willy D ,and that to me, is terrifying. :lol:

Just now, N7Nucks said:

No need to beat your head against a wall, if the facts aren't enough it's a lost cause.

its not ideal, but Loui slotted in beside Bo does have its logic. And he did get 10 pts on Bo's wing last season. 

17 minutes ago, nux_win said:

EP is awesome!  Not only for his obvious offensive creativity but also for his defensive awareness and passionate play all over the ice.  If he were 20 or 30 pounds heavier he would have flattened that guy.  As it is, I like the effort.  If he could only stay on his skates a bit more but it is what it is.  Why can't everybody on our team play with passion like that?  That's what it is going to take to win.  We need every single player, including the guys who consider themselves "skill" players to make more hits.  It's still a contact game and if we ever make the playoffs we're going to need that to survive.  Go Canucks Go!

This is why we need him to be captain 

In addition it gives him responsibility that he can handle 

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its not ideal, but Loui slotted in beside Bo does have its logic. And he did get 10 pts on Bo's wing last season. 

I go back to the message from the team that "good play will be rewarded". I think you can agree that Jake and LE are at both ends of that spectrum. I think you can agree that the team is still rebuilding and we are far from a finished product right now. So, why not try out different line combinations and reward those who have been playing well and are part of the core. Just like Willy, I believe TG is just trying to save his job and therefore not thinking "Big picture". Remember Willy's deployment of Kaput and Magma. I think he thought they were the second coming of Gretzky or something.

I don't know, I just think Bo and Jake deserve better and should be treated with more respect.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Gotta love how Loui gets left in the press box for a handful of games, but then finds his way to the top line.  Just amazing.

But, it doesn't disrupt the lines that have chemistry already. It makes sense when you look at it that way. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Would rather have MacEwen in, Loui hasn’t played for a while now.

At least Mac is getting reps in down in the AHL? Also his physical presence would be nice, something our team is desperately missing right now.

Putting Loui in isn’t the end of the world though, he’s played decent in his games played. Imo, it’s time for a Boucher or Goldobin call up. They may be done with a full time spot but I’d rather see one of them on that top line than Loui.