The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Penguins @ Canucks Dec 21 7PM on CBC Winter Solstice Edition

Rate this topic

Baer.

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I get what you mean, but how good has that Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen line been? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

And also, as the game progresses, I can see different wingers like Jake, Roussel and even Schaller/Motte would get doubleshifted onto the wing on that line throughout the game. Green really doesn't play Louie all that much when he was dressed anyways.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I go back to the message from the team that "good play will be rewarded". I think you can agree that Jake and LE are at both ends of that spectrum. I think you can agree that the team is still rebuilding and we are far from a finished product right now. So, why not try out different line combinations and reward those who have been playing well and are part of the core. Just like Willy, I believe TG is just trying to save his job and therefore not thinking "Big picture". Remember Willy's deployment of Kaput and Magma. I think he thought they were the second coming of Gretzky or something.

I don't know, I just think Bo and Jake deserve better and should be treated with more respect.

I think long term Bo and Jake can play together but they need a winger who can dish to make that work- Pearson is not that guy. I'd like to see Brock on the right and Jake on Bo's left wing

11 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

This is why we need him to be captain 

In addition it gives him responsibility that he can handle 

Soooo putting the added pressure of being captain of struggling team is going to make him better. 

Let the kid focus on scoring he can still lead with out the C 

Horvats first year as captain he’s feeling the pressure and it shows he’s been a leader at every level and he’s learning at this level. 

Isn’t bo the best face off guy we got and one of the key YOUNG defensive players .

Bo also isn’t looking at the refs every time he falls down which in Peteys case is a lot. That not a leadership quality. 

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I agree with that. Too bad Ferland hasn't worked out yet.

Should be more of a team effort. Of course one guy should take lead, but if you look at teams like the Flames and Avs, there entire team plays physical. Not afraid to throw hits or stick up for teammates.