The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Penguins @ Canucks Dec 21 7PM on CBC Winter Solstice Edition

Rate this topic

Baer.

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

I never said that I said Gauds line. :lol: You are right, he is playing well, playing well enough to be in the top 6, actually. ::D

I agree with both sides regarding Jake's deployment. Sure, put Jake with Bo, but in this case, Roussel, Gaud and Shot Gun are developing into a fantastic line. 

I would keep them together. The bottom line is about being productive, and that whole line is producing. 

Like Roger Neilsons Towel said, if it ain't broke, why fix it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Motte
MacEwen

Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers
Benn-Stecher
Edler, Chatfield

Why?  The 3 most feared words in Vancouver "Eriksson is in"  :(

Not only in - TOP LINE :angry:

Keep Loui away from our goalies.:mad:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Jake is RFA next year I am not sure that is good enough. "If the guy we have benched doesn't do very well, maybe, just maybe, we might put you in his spot"? Nice!

lol why don't you try a be a lil more positive , the rooster ,  hockey gaud and shotgun have been a great line  , keep it together  and reward jake with a few extra shifts with bo  and this is bad how ?   

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, How swede it is said:

I agree as well...plus Jake is not top 6.

We only have 4 top 6 forwards: Petey, Boeser, Miller and Horvat.

The rest bottom 6.

I would argue Pearson is a fringe top 6 as he has been solid lately. He is on pace for 50 points and that to me is 2nd line stats.

• Cheers 2

Just now, ruilin96 said:

I would argue Pearson is a fringe top 6 as he has been solid lately. He is on pace for 50 points and that to me is 2nd line stats.

Was just gonna say that. Plus people are forgetting he’s been Bo linemate practically all year. He’s had one consistent line mate so that better then none like last year 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

That and it keeps the other 3 forward lines together, which I’m guessing is the point of this lineup.

IMO it’s a good thing considering the chemistry they have shown together. 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

By far our best Offensive line. Not a fan of putting all of our apples in one basket, but so far more successful than splitting them up.  

Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Fantastic 3rd line. Great chemistry. 

Schaller-Beagle-Motte

Undeniable chemistry. Great shutdown 4th line. Have played fantastic together. 

...and if that doesn’t work there is always the Green Blend-o-matic 3000. ::D

The only thing I can think of that could make sense other then this lineup is if Virtanen moved up to Bo’s line (he’s played well, might deserve a shot here) And MacEwen sliding in on Gaudette’s line with Eriksson sitting.

Who knows maybe Eriksson surprises, but if we end up losing and he doesn’t do much I hope Green at least gives these lines a shot in the next game or two.

Looking forward to the game though hope Eriksson is hungry after not playing. If the Beagle line can shut down the top Penguins line we should have the advantage with their injury woes. Gonna be a good game, can’t wait to watch! GCG :canucks:

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Why?  The 3 most feared words in Vancouver "Eriksson is in"  :(

Not only in - TOP LINE :angry:

Keep Loui away from our goalies.:mad:

Oddly enough defensively Eriksson is fine, where the problem lies is he is a black hole on offense. Nothing really seems to happen at best and at worst he kills the play for us. Lol. If he needs to be played, it's best to play him in the top 6. I don't want him F-ing with the bottom 6, both lines have been really good for us. He adds nothing to those lines and is best suited to play with more skilled players anyway. At worst they can makeup for his gaffs in the ozone and in the dzone he holds his own. So it works out well for everyone.

• Upvote 1

I'm okay with Louie coming back in the lineup.  He actually played well in the last three games when he was in the lineup.  

Penguins are a good offensive team that obliterated us in our own zone last time we played them.  Welcome back Louie (for a couple of games) :)