The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Penguins @ Canucks Dec 21 7PM on CBC Winter Solstice Edition

Rate this topic

Baer.

Hopefully Ferland can come back 100% and be the second line player we hoped. That would help counter the loss of Leivo.

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Ferland Horvat Gaudette

Roussel Sutter Virtanen 

Pearson Beagle Motte

Best mix that we can ice now IMO.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm okay with Louie coming back in the lineup.  He actually played well in the last three games when he was in the lineup.  

Penguins are a good offensive team that obliterated us in our own zone last time we played them.  Welcome back Louie (for a couple of games) :) 

I agree. These recent  injuries are allowing us not to worry about cap issues and giving players a second and third ...chance to bring it. I actually feel really good about the lineup tonight 

I see some posts regarding Bo. And I see it as another fire Green 2.0. 

Can't really help it if u dont know hockey and can't appreciate what Bo has done for the team thus far. 

Single handedly carried the backbone of the team with 2 of our Centres going down with injury. 

If u can't see things like that, can't help u learn hockey.

He has been a pretty good captain so far in his first year wearing C. No doubt. 

EP40 is a fantastic talent but claiming that he should wear C just makes me laugh. It will prolly make guys in the dressing room crack up as well.  

What is wrong with people lol. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hopefully Ferland can come back 100% and be the second line player we hoped. That would help counter the loss of Leivo.

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Ferland Horvat Gaudette

Roussel Sutter Virtanen 

Pearson Beagle Motte

Best mix that we can ice now IMO.

With Schaller, Eriksson, Baer, MacEwen ready to go or call up. Boucher's also having an outstanding year that also could cover off a top 6 position temporarily 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Motte
MacEwen

Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers
Benn-Stecher
Edler, Chatfield

Glad they’re keeping Roussel -Gaud and JV together. They’ve been really good lately. Hopefully Horvats line can contain Malkin... if they can we could put another 2 points in the bank

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Glad they’re keeping Roussel -Gaud and JV together. They’ve been really good lately. Hopefully Horvats line can contain Malkin... if they can we could put another 2 points in the bank

Bryan Rust is the guy we have to be worried about right now. The guy is ripping it up.

• Upvote 1

We have so much depth this year. I mean ,how many teams have a six million dollar man kicking around that they can through into the lineup. I doubt we see Sutter until the new year. I am sure Sutter will get to play his normal 30 games.  

3 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

That and it keeps the other 3 forward lines together, which I’m guessing is the point of this lineup.

IMO it’s a good thing considering the chemistry they have shown together. 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

By far our best Offensive line. Not a fan of putting all of our apples in one basket, but so far more successful than splitting them up.  

Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Fantastic 3rd line. Great chemistry. 

Schaller-Beagle-Motte

Undeniable chemistry. Great shutdown 4th line. Have played fantastic together. 

...and if that doesn’t work there is always the Green Blend-o-matic 3000. ::D

Love those 3 lines, now if we could just get Bo some help we could be a contender

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tracksuit said:

Soooo putting the added pressure of being captain of struggling team is going to make him better. 

Let the kid focus on scoring he can still lead with out the C 

Horvats first year as captain he’s feeling the pressure and it shows he’s been a leader at every level and he’s learning at this level. 

Isn’t bo the best face off guy we got and one of the key YOUNG defensive players .

Bo also isn’t looking at the refs every time he falls down which in Peteys case is a lot. That not a leadership quality. 

Petey looks at the refs usually because he was taken down 

how is Bo handling the “pressure” of being captain? 

I like Bo as a player but he is not a leader 

• Wat 1

58 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

I see some posts regarding Bo. And I see it as another fire Green 2.0. 

Can't really help it if u dont know hockey and can't appreciate what Bo has done for the team thus far. 

Single handedly carried the backbone of the team with 2 of our Centres going down with injury. 

If u can't see things like that, can't help u learn hockey.

He has been a pretty good captain so far in his first year wearing C. No doubt. 

EP40 is a fantastic talent but claiming that he should wear C just makes me laugh. It will prolly make guys in the dressing room crack up as well.  

What is wrong with people lol. 

Guess what the Oilers room thought with McJesus?