The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Penguins @ Canucks Dec 21 7PM on CBC Winter Solstice Edition

Rate this topic

Baer.

42 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Those suggesting Boucher... seriously.  The guys is an AHL all star, NHL bust.  His game just cannot translate, and he has had many, many opportunities to try.  Goldobin, becoming the same thing.

Yes it makes so much more sense to dress Loui 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Point is he tried 

pretty sure he would crush you ..,  if you could actually skate 

Pretty sure any NHL player would crush me including Johnny Hockey.

NHL players have amazing edge work that would eliminate any size advantage over a has been like me and you.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Petey looks at the refs usually because he was taken down 

how is Bo handling the “pressure” of being captain? 

I like Bo as a player but he is not a leader 

Petey embellishes far too much and as a result, he doesn't get as many calls.  Needs to learn to stay on his feet more.

Bo is as much a leader as anyone else.  He's also very young still, and has handled the captaincy just fine. He's still on pace for a career year, with the added pressure. Not to mention top faceoff taken in the league and most faceoff wins in the league.  AND, if that's not enough, Teows mentioned Bo as one of the most impressive young centermen in the league so far.  So idk, I'd call that pretty impressive.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Yes it makes so much more sense to dress Loui 

It does if you think about it.  As much hate as there is on Loui, he is a better NHL player than either Boucher or Goldobin.  We are past the pure development stage, we are now in the win games stage.  Loui fits the role better than those other two.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I like to watch Malkin. 

He has always played on the line and for a rather skinny dude, he’s managed to throw his weight around for a long time. 

Players like that are becoming more rare, so I watch while it’s still available.

I know McDavid and the modern stars are great, but there are no real chippy, aggressive stars coming up anymore. My interest in the product might one day be like what it is for watching an NHL all star game, 82 times a year. 

I have not forgiven Malkin for concussing Willie Mitchell, no call on the play either

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Petey embellishes far too much and as a result, he doesn't get as many calls.  Needs to learn to stay on his feet more.

Bo is as much a leader as anyone else.  He's also very young still, and has handled the captaincy just fine. He's still on pace for a career year, with the added pressure. Not to mention top faceoff taken in the league and most faceoff wins in the league.  AND, if that's not enough, Teows mentioned Bo as one of the most impressive young centermen in the league so far.  So idk, I'd call that pretty impressive.

Hahaha couch potato star telling a superstar how he needs to play 

classic 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

It does if you think about it.  As much hate as there is on Loui, he is a better NHL player than either Boucher or Goldobin.  We are past the pure development stage, we are now in the win games stage.  Loui fits the role better than those other two.

Let’s evaluate Loui shall we?

goals - nope

assists - nope 

dumb penalties- yes

overpaid - big yes

ability to forecheck- no

defensive zone play - very overrated 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

I have not forgiven Malkin for concussing Willie Mitchell, no call on the play either

If Mitchell was healthy, we would've resigned him and might never had to trade for Ballard and that asset we use to trade for Ballard could've gotten us an extra player to add to the stacked 2011 team...

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I like to watch Malkin. 

He has always played on the line and for a rather skinny dude, he’s managed to throw his weight around for a long time. 

Players like that are becoming more rare, so I watch while it’s still available.

I know McDavid and the modern stars are great, but there are no real chippy, aggressive stars coming up anymore. My interest in the product might one day be like what it is for watching an NHL all star game, 82 times a year. 

Yeah he's a special player.  I see that chippyness out of Jamie Benn too.  The modern versions are Nathan MacKinnon and Leon Draisatl although they don't throw nearly as many hits.  

Have you noticed that today's telecasts never replay fights and big hits anymore?