The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

12 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I remember they traded for that pick, this is what it cost them:

Arizona made this deal ; turned Max Domi into Phil Kessel (with other moving parts) ; and the Taylor Hall trade . If these were done here imagine the controversy.

13 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Only 5 points and a -9 in the AHL in 13 games. 1 point and a -8 in 17 games in the NHL. 

I don't know what he expects, but those aren't exactly numbers that scream NHL player. He's still young, but I wouldn't be willing to cough up whatever it would take to land him. Between throwing his silver medal into the crown last year and this, the guy really seems like he has an attitude problem.

And now we wait for @Timråfan to come and defend him. 

I wouldn't read too much into character by being devastated  and throwing a medal, nobody knows how they will react until in that situation. He is also not being properly utilized by the Rangers. 17 NHL game sure, put him in a position to succeed or start him in the AHL in a top role. He is not a depth or  role player so lets see him in a role he can play in.

If he has indeed requested a trade he'd be in a long line of players that do who are not established, this just made it to the media.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, smokes said:

OMG please Benning, go get this guy. I still remember him and Petey tearing it up for team Sweden.

He had a great tourny. I actually thought he was as good as Petey in that tourny. He was bigger and had a more physical game. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

To NYR - Sven Baertchi, Chris Tanev, Olli Juolevi 

To Van - Lias Anderson, Anthony Deangelo 

After passing on Tkachuk, watch him slowly develop and I mean slooooooooooly now watching him do so well in the AHL and about to get on the Canucks, we trade him? I would be supremely depressed if they trade Juolevi.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Only 5 points and a -9 in the AHL in 13 games. 1 point and a -8 in 17 games in the NHL. 

I don't know what he expects, but those aren't exactly numbers that scream NHL player. He's still young, but I wouldn't be willing to cough up whatever it would take to land him. Between throwing his silver medal into the crown last year and this, the guy really seems like he has an attitude problem.

And now we wait for @Timråfan to come and defend him. 

If you look a little deeper it gets interesting. His first season with Rangers/Hartford as 18/19 years old he did ok. 

What happened later? 

• Haha 4

My guess is they would want a prospect back with of a somewhat similar pedigree/state of development . They could want someone like Juolevi but I don't think that makes sense for this team. People who will throw out names like Baertschi/Goldobin/Stecher/Gadjovich etc. are dreaming .

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

To NYR - Sven Baertchi, Chris Tanev, Olli Juolevi 

To Van - Lias Anderson, Anthony Deangelo 

We must be not wanting to make playoffs if we are getting rid of one of the only defenseman on the team that can actually defend. 

Not sure why we need to replace him with a PP defenseman that doesn’t PK. Not sure if it’s a good idea to trade young defenseman when our core is so old. 

Not sure why NYR would trade a PP defenseman that’s 24 for a defensive one that’s 30. 

this trade hurts both teams. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

If you look a little deeper it gets interesting. His first season with Rangers/Hartford as 18/19 years old he did ok. 

What happened later? 

um

he just was not good enough

few players actually make it to the nhl

not really a thing that needs much deeper looking

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I think Andersson has time to develop still, but his time is running out. I would think he has this, and next year, then it will not matter what his draft position is, it will have no bearing on his trade value. Right now, I think it still does, only lesser.

I honestly think that Goldobin is a very similar value, although with out the pedigree.

Goldobin and a 3rd or 4th, is about what he is worth......I would risk that

Baertschi 50% retained and a 3rd or 4th..same kind of deal

And that is just so we can see him with Pettersson at training camp

but I hold limited hope on him...…..

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2