The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

1 hour ago, Canorth said:

Haven’t read the whole thread. Don’t really care about other teams potential wasted picks.

Sorry if this has been posted already; but, I’d just like to remind everyone how real drafting gets success...

spacer.png

I am sure people would love to post a picture of Matthew Tkachuk :ph34r: 

• Cheers 1

I also wouldn’t trade Juolevi straight up for Lias Andersson. Juolevi has better offensive production as a dman that hasn’t even been able to get on a roll due to injuries. Sure there’s been a lot of injuries and getting that right is another gamble on its own. However I have more faith in Juolevi turning into a top 4 dman than I do about Andersson becoming a top 6 player. Bottom 6 players are easy to acquire no need to give up anything of real value to get them.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Except we do remember him being second place. That's the point. What a sore loser.

If he threw the medal at the opposing team then he would be a sore loser but he didn't. He threw it in the crowd. They gave him the medal, he should be able to do anything he wants with it.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, smokes said:

If he threw the medal at the opposing team then he would be a sore loser but he didn't. He threw it in the crowd. They gave him the medal, he should be able to do anything he wants with it.

He's a sore loser. Bad character moment. There are some things you can't do in uniform. There's a REASON why he (and the others) were fined.

Now he's demanded a trade. To me, this screams self-entitlement issues. But sure, I'm sure the underachieving Lias Andersson can't be faulted at all. It's everyone else's fault.

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

He's a sore loser. Bad character moment. There are some things you can't do in uniform. There's a REASON why he (and the others) were fined.

Now he's demanded a trade. To me, this screams self-entitlement issues. But sure, I'm sure the underachieving Lias Andersson can't be faulted at all. It's everyone else's fault.

That wasn't a bad character moment. That was a young kid doing something stupid because he was emotional moment. It's pretty sad that you can sit there and judge someone you don't know as having bad character from something you did saw on TV when you don't even know the kid. That judgement from you is bad character. The kid just wants a fresh start, he's not the only player that has ever demanded a trade. He's a hockey player that you don't even know. Why you attacking him like that?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, smokes said:

That wasn't a bad character moment. That was a young kid doing something stupid because he was emotional moment. It's pretty sad that you can sit there and judge someone you don't know as having bad character from something you did saw on TV when you don't even know the kid. That judgement from you is bad character. The kid just wants a fresh start, he's not the only player that has ever demanded a trade. He's a hockey player that you don't even know. Why you attacking him like that?

He’s not a Canuck, that’s why for me.  I want all other teams’ players to suck, and prospects to bustaroo.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He’s not a Canuck, that’s why for me.  I want all other teams’ players to suck, and prospects to bustaroo.  

picking on a kid's play is one thing but to question someone's character is beyond hockey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, smokes said:

picking on a kid's play is one thing but to question someone's character is beyond hockey.

Again, he’s a Rag prospect.  Plus, he did throw away his silver medal, and is now demanding a trade.  It does appear when things don’t go right for him, he blames others.  That’s a character flaw IMO.  And he’s a Rag.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2019 at 8:53 AM, N7Nucks said:

It’s nothing anyone is calling a character move, but it’s not as bad as people make it sound. He didn’t beat up an old lady crossing the street. He threw a medal. Big whoop. Celebrating losing isn’t for everyone, he handled it poorly. Everyone Fs up. Oh well.

If it was a one-off issue, fine. Hell, I've been defending Hayton at the juniors for the whole helmet-gate thing. My problem is that, with Andersson now requesting a trade only two years after being drafted, a pattern is starting to emerge. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, smokes said:

So why was he fined then if it wasn't bad character? He should be awarded money then if it were truly a good character moment. Pfft. Don't give me that crap.

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

I understand this sort of fandom, but unfortunately this mindset is also why someone like Dahlen took the heat he did on social media when he got traded. And honestly that is a bad reflection on the entire fanbase even to those that are not part of this.

I think there a signs of questionable character on Andersson's part, but I'm not writing him off just yet. We don't know what's going on there. Asking for Rag fans opinion on Andersson would likely net you the same type of reaction if someone asked us about Dahlen. Would I trade for him? If the price is right. There are many players with questionable character that still do well in the league (see Marchand) and some are even coveted like how some still think we should've taken Matthew Tkachuk despite all of his character issues.

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Again, he’s a Rag prospect.  Plus, he did throw away his silver medal, and is now demanding a trade.  It does appear when things don’t go right for him, he blames others.  That’s a character flaw IMO.  And he’s a Rag.  

So you don't think it oozes good character that he doesn't want to be a Rag? 

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2019 at 10:31 AM, higgyfan said:

I keep hearing from Ranger fans that Andersson's skating is sluggish.  If so...I'm out. 

Also his play making at the professional level so far is very limited.  Some even question his offensive iq.  Rangers made a bold move thinking he can be a horvat level all around player. Man where they wrong.  They went off the board with using the 7th pick on him his highest rank was 13 and ranked even as low as not a first rounder. What a bust. 

3 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Also his play making at the professional level so far is very limited.  Some even question his offensive iq.  Rangers made a bold move thinking he can be a horvat level all around player. Man where they wrong.  They went off the board with using the 7th pick on him his highest rank was 13 and ranked even as low as not a first rounder. What a bust. 

Good points, I guess the Ranger fell in love with a player (rumoured to be EP) and had a lousy back up plan or no back up plan at all...