The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

On 1/11/2020 at 1:37 AM, filthycanuck said:

or Lockwood for Andersson. I like Lockwood but sadly, theres not too many roster spots available for a player like him in our team, unless he wants to wait 2-3 years.

I would also like Andersson but I like Lockwoods grit more cause he seems to have enough talent to be a productive complementary player.  Andersson, to a certain extent, reminds me of Goldy with less of an entitlement attitude - perhaps a little bit of EP rubbed off on him ?

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

apparently mr.andersson is not even playing right now, he has no professional contract with anyone.

No he’s still contracted to the Rangers until the end of next year.  He’s currently suspended from the team for some reason he doesn’t want to talk about and so he went back to Sweden...

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/lias-andersson-breaks-silence-about-leaving-rangers-and-injury/

On 1/14/2020 at 12:22 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

No he’s still contracted to the Rangers until the end of next year.  He’s currently suspended from the team for some reason he doesn’t want to talk about and so he went back to Sweden...

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/lias-andersson-breaks-silence-about-leaving-rangers-and-injury/

What would it take to get him in a Canucks jersey hehe 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

What would it take to get him in a Canucks jersey hehe 

Rangers would probably want a 1st round prospect of similar ilk, ie: Hoglander, of course I don't think management or the fans would want that to happen. If they can work something that involved Lockwood or Gadjovich, great, but I don't think its going to happen

On 1/18/2020 at 3:05 AM, filthycanuck said:

Rangers would probably want a 1st round prospect of similar ilk, ie: Hoglander, of course I don't think management or the fans would want that to happen. If they can work something that involved Lockwood or Gadjovich, great, but I don't think its going to happen

Why would the Canucks want this kid? He has proven nothing and on top of all he has a quit mentality. He’s shown his true colours and life only gets harder from here. That’s a hard pass on this kid for me. Rangers wold be lucky to get anything at all for that little punk. 

• Cheers 1

Having read more on his story it seems there may be some mental type issues he needs to deal with. My guess is he plays in Sweden for at least a few years, once he resumes playing that is. Bad pick for the Rangers but I don't feel for them. They've had a lot go their way during this current rebuild. 

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Provost said:

As much as I have gotten roasted for saying For months that Madden was trade bait... he was always going to be trade bait.

The prophet has returned!  

Okay question for you....  who do you think are the 7 young players that Benning foresees (and mentioned during press conference) joining our big club within the next two years.  It's safe to assume that he's not counting any of the young guys that are up with the team right now.  

For bonus points, order them in the likelihood of seeing them suit up for us in the NHL. 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

13 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

The prophet has returned!  

Okay question for you....  who do you think are the 7 young players that Benning foresees (and mentioned during press conference) joining our big club within the next two years.  It's safe to assume that he's not counting any of the young guys that are up with the team right now.  

For bonus points, order them in the likelihood of seeing them suit up for us in the NHL. 

in order of prospects next suiting up

1.  MacEwen

2.  Rafferty

3.  Tryamkin

4.  Hoglander

5.  Lind
6   Juolevi  

7.  Podkolzin

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Comeback_Kings said:

in order of prospects next suiting up

1.  MacEwen

2.  Rafferty

3.  Tryamkin

4.  Hoglander

5.  Lind
6   Juolevi  

7.  Podkolzin

You forgot about Rathbone! I think he's flown under the radar and will impress immediately, much like when Tanev came in. I have Rathbone at #2 if we can sign him and figure he may even play this year.

• Huggy Bear 1

I like it when guys are discussing all the players that could make it in the next couple years. All the different opinions show how much great talent we have. I’ve been a Toffoli trade supporter but hoping no more prospects are traded for another year or two (maybe after 2-3 have become regulars)

back on topic. We have a handful of prospects better then Andersson. I wouldn’t trade much for him. If anything at all. Damaged goods - probably shouldn’t have been injected into the NHL so quick, seems like he has an attitude. First red flag - throwing your silver medal into the crowd- brutal buddy. 

11 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Not likely.

They are absolutely grooming him to replace Demko as back up.  Expect it after next year at the latest as long as DiPietro keeps his current development curve.

If we manage to sign Markstrom, then we probably try to move Demko to recover pucks or shed cap space.  Then we sign a cheap veteran to a 1-2 year contract this summer.  We need a signed goalie to expose in expansion.

DiPietro competes for the back up spot in training camp with that veteran... loser goes to Utica.

If we can’t manage to move Demko, then we just accept he is who we lose in expansion and DiPietro comes up and fills the hole anyways.

The Prophet has spoken.

Edited by Provost