The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

So was Goldy...  the fact is Andersson is 21 and generating nothing as a high 1st round pick and a year remaining on his contract.

Bartschi offers more, at least for there Farm in helping with development.

This could be the same situation that Dahlen gave us..  I would not give up anything except what we know is close to this situation,. And that is intriguing and looking for a fresh start.

at least the rangers have some Capspace.

Lol... so you’re telling me even though they could have had Baerstchi for free... twice... On waivers. They’ve waited until now so they can give up on Lias Anderson, a 21 year old who is having a tough season. Brilliant.

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

was he saying 1 for 1? its got some logic to it. 

Friedman in his 31 thoughts:  Before the Dec. 1 signing deadline, word is the Oilers re-engaged some of the clubs who had shown previous interest in Jesse Puljujarvi. That includes the Rangers, St. Louis and Tampa Bay. I believe they discussed Lias Andersson with New York, and think Puljujarvi wanted to go there, but things couldn’t close.

But apparently:

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

um

we were not discussing anything

you provided zero information to any "discussion"

and simply wished to prod me into a position

which involved limiting the responsibility placed on the player

i have read enough of your posts

you are predictable

Why do you even bother limited as you are? 

• Wat 1

Just now, mll said:

Friedman in his 31 thoughts:  Before the Dec. 1 signing deadline, word is the Oilers re-engaged some of the clubs who had shown previous interest in Jesse Puljujarvi. That includes the Rangers, St. Louis and Tampa Bay. I believe they discussed Lias Andersson with New York, and think Puljujarvi wanted to go there, but things couldn’t close.

But apparently:

huh. Well good luck to you Ken, I don't know that offers are going to be much better. I just can't see anyone giving Holland a late 1st for JP at this point, and you'd think the 7th oa pedigree might mean something. Although LA's numbers don't exactly jump off the page at you either. 

I'd like to see him in our system if we could swing it for a couple of our b-prospects. 

27 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

Lol... so you’re telling me even though they could have had Baerstchi for free... twice... On waivers. They’ve waited until now so they can give up on Lias Anderson, a 21 year old who is having a tough season. Brilliant.

I beleive this news comes out after the SB waiver...  He is ASKING  for a trade..  he has given up on the Rangers. 

If the Rangers haven’t given up on him , they soon will.

Benning has been looking for options for SB.. perhaps this is one.

Why wouldn’t the Rangers want to have some who could help them in the AHL, and as a call up with NHL experience?

Goldy, pool party, Dahlen, now Anderson..   it happens..  

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Only 5 points and a -9 in the AHL in 13 games. 1 point and a -8 in 17 games in the NHL. 

I don't know what he expects, but those aren't exactly numbers that scream NHL player. He's still young, but I wouldn't be willing to cough up whatever it would take to land him. Between throwing his silver medal into the crown last year and this, the guy really seems like he has an attitude problem.

And now we wait for @Timråfan to come and defend him. 

Ahh that was the silver medal guy!

Yeah, he's probably just a -9 because Travis Green doesn't play Loui Eriksson in the right role. You're right. :bigblush:

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

If you look a little deeper it gets interesting. His first season with Rangers/Hartford as 18/19 years old he did ok. 

What happened later? 

So predictable lol. I guess Andersson is another victim of "player bullying" :emot-parrot:

Edited by BrockBoester
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

Ahh that was the silver medal guy!

Yeah, he's probably just a -9 because Travis Green doesn't play Loui Eriksson in the right role. You're right. :bigblush:

So predictable lol. I guess Andersson is another victim of "player bullying" :emot-parrot:

Another one stuck in the past. 

Are you and Coastal the same?

Please, explain what I said about bullying?

It's always interesting to see the level of understanding. :bigblush:

4 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

how about baertschi and sautner for andersson and sean day?

Baer 50% retained and Linus Karlsson for Andersson. NY gets a now and a later piece. We can loan Andersson to the Swedish league for a year to get his confidence and game back. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Baer 50% retained and Linus Karlsson for Andersson. NY gets a now and a later piece. We can loan Andersson to the Swedish league for a year to get his confidence and game back. 

not bad but i’ld hate to add more unusable cap space. i like sean day, that is why i added him in my proposal. 

I could see Lias Andersson + Conditional pick for Puljujarvi. 

In Ken Holland's eyes he probably doesn't want to risk moving Pulijujarvi and have him pan out and get stuck with a player he sees with bottom six upside. 

The conditional pick would become a 2nd if Pulijujarvi scores 20 goals next season and a 1st if he scores 30. That way Holland has some protection. On the Ranger side, they are giving up a player who isn't working for a shot at a player with more upside. If Jesse scores 30 goals they probably won't be too upset up having to give up the 1st. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Baertschi (30% retained), a 2nd and a 4th that could become a 3rd based on performance. Yay or nay?

Absolutely not.

Andersson is trending towards being a bust right now. At best he’s looking like a 3rd liner. We have enough of those and are gonna need our 2nds with the loss of our 1st.

I love how the prevailing wisdom is that this guy is an unredeemable bust from t he same people that have urged patience with Virtanen every year since he was drafted.

1.  You ask Petterson his thoughts about the player.

2.  You trade for him if the response Is good and you can shed some salary in the process.

3.  Something like Madden and Baertschi for Anderson and a 3rd

If the reports that folks here have said are that it is his pace and motor that are the issue, I don’t see our scouts being high on him as that is t their profile for our system.  The scouting reports don’t seem to indicate that at all though.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 3