Ossi Vaananen

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

1 minute ago, Provost said:

3.  Something like Madden and Baertschi for Anderson and a 3rd

:sick:

Madden is one of our best prospects right now. Why would we pay good value for a player that’s requested a trade?

They can take the 3rd straight up for Andersson. Probably the best they’ll get.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Absolutely not.

Andersson is trending towards being a bust right now. At best he’s looking like a 3rd liner. We have enough of those and are gonna need our 2nds with the loss of our 1st.

He’s 21 and getting shafted with ice time. Look at what Virtanen’s doing right now after being given the bust label after a year or two. He’s a former 7th overall pick, and the Rangers will understandably want a fair bit for him. 

Edited by Pears

Just now, Pears said:

He’s 21 and getting shafted with ice time. Look at what Virtanen’s doing right now after being given the bust label after a year or two. 

And I wouldn’t trade Madden and a 3rd for Virtanen who has actually proved to be an NHL player.

Madden is looking like he could be better than Gaudette. We can’t afford to give up on that in order to take a flyer on an underperforming prospect.

Not to mention this guy comes off as very entitled. I’ll pass on 21 year olds who are requesting trades every time.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

I love how the prevailing wisdom is that this guy is an unredeemable bust from t he same people that have urged patience with Virtanen every year since he was drafted.

1.  You ask Petterson his thoughts about the player.

2.  You trade for him if the response Is good and you can shed some salary in the process.

3.  Something like Madden and Baertschi for Anderson and a 3rd

If the reports that folks here have said are that it is his pace and motor that are the issue, I don’t see our scouts being high on him as that is t their profile for our system.  The scouting reports don’t seem to indicate that at all though.

I agree with everything you say, except that I think Madden would be too high a price to pay.  You just need to swap another one of our forward prospects into that package.  Maybe try Lockwood instead.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And I wouldn’t trade Madden and a 3rd for Virtanen who has actually proved to be an NHL player.

Madden is looking like he could be better than Gaudette. We can’t afford to give up on that in order to take a flyer on an underperforming prospect.

Not to mention this guy comes off as very entitled. I’ll pass on 21 year olds who are requesting trades every time.

He’s still young enough where if he’s in the right situation he can grow. Tossing your medal into the stands isn’t a good look for sure, but understandable considering his passion for the game and wanting to win. If I’m a top 10 pick and playing with 4th liners/AHLers I’d do the best thing for my career and ask for a trade too. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Pears said:

Baertschi (30% retained), a 2nd and a 4th that could become a 3rd based on performance. Yay or nay?

I don't know man. We'd be in danger of potentially losing our 1st, 2nd and 4th in the same draft either this year or next. That's no bueno. 

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Another one stuck in the past. 

Are you and Coastal the same?

Please, explain what I said about bullying?

It's always interesting to see the level of understanding. :bigblush:

You claimed that players like Loui and Pouliot/Gudbranson were bullied because they were criticized for their underwhelming on-ice performances.

So I wouldn't really start off on how well other people "understand" things lol

• Hydration 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I agree with everything you say, except that I think Madden would be too high a price to pay.  You just need to swap another one of our forward prospects into that package.  Maybe try Lockwood instead.

I don’t believe Madden is ever going to be on our roster in a meaningful

way.
 I don’t even know if he ever signs with us.  If I were him or his advisors and saw our roster at centre, I would stay in college and then become a free agent and sign close to home.

He would also be hitting the point of trying to crack the roster right when Podkolzin and Hoglander are, so trying to convert to wing would be tough... and we aren’t going to be putting all 3 rookies in during years when we have playoff and Cup aspirations.

He is probably going to get moved, the only question is for what.  

Sell high while he is having a good season.  Even in a smaller, faster game... he would be the lightest player in the entire league, and doesn’t project to get a lot bigger when already 20.

• Hydration 1

12 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

You claimed that players like Loui and Pouliot/Gudbranson were bullied because they were criticized for their underwhelming on-ice performances.

So I wouldn't really start off on how well other people "understand" things lol

And if you had read further I talked about bullying might be the wrong word in that situation. 

Loui is bullied here but I let him and Green deal with that. 

Loui did the harm between him and Green by himself.

The fans should back the players independant of who they are. 

It's all about understanding. The brightest understand me even when my english fail me... 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Hydration 2

Could see a PoolParty for MedalTosser trade happening. Makes sense for both the Oilers and Rangers. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NHL'er said:

Lol... so you’re telling me even though they could have had Baerstchi for free... twice... On waivers. They’ve waited until now so they can give up on Lias Anderson, a 21 year old who is having a tough season. Brilliant.

Just because no one claimed him, doesn't mean there isn't a trade out there for him. Claiming Baer off waivers would come with his full cap hit ($3,366,666), but if a team traded for him, Vancouver could retain up to 50% of his salary($1,683,333) + add mid round picks if need be. If they wanted him down in the AHL, his cap hit would only be $608,333. 

Edited by Chickenspear
  • Upvote 1

Since the Rangers happen to like Russians, they might ACTUALLY be willing to take Goldy off our hands for him. Only thing is I don't think he's worth Goldy. Goldy is a higher depth possibility. It's a trade down, unless we believe in Lias enough to take the chance.

35 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I don't know man. We'd be in danger of potentially losing our 1st, 2nd and 4th in the same draft either this year or next. That's no bueno. 

Our 1st turned into Miller who was a 15th overall pick himself so that’s a wash. I’d be more than happy to take a chance on Andersson. 

3 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Juolevi, 3rd and goldy? May need to change that 3rd into a 2nd idk. 

I feel maybe oilers r best partner. Pool for lias andersson 1 for 1 

Ok....follow this

Juolevi and Andersson are 1 draft apart and Juolevi was an earlier pick

So why would there be any add on's, if Juolevi is already just as good, with better pedigree?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pears said:

Our 1st turned into Miller who was a 15th overall pick himself so that’s a wash. I’d be more than happy to take a chance on Andersson. 

I think the Miller trade was a good one too but you cant roll into the draft with only a 3rd round pick out of the 1st 4 rounds, not in the current state that we're in as a franchise.

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Ok, can you try answer the question... 

Why did he do ok his first season? 

2 years younger than today. 

Do you watch him?

ive seen him listed as a center and a winger so I wonder if that plays into it...? 

Does he play more center then wing?

3 hours ago, NHL'er said:

Lol... so you’re telling me even though they could have had Baerstchi for free... twice... On waivers. They’ve waited until now so they can give up on Lias Anderson, a 21 year old who is having a tough season. Brilliant.

Andersson is now what Baertschi was when the Canucks traded for Baer,

sItting in the AHL very raw

As a matter of fact Baer had 40 points in 51 games in the AHL the year he was traded

Andersson has not reached that, or no where near that......

It could be argued that he is not as good as Baer at the same place and time

If Andersson never score at any higher rate, he would never have reached Baerstchi's level

• Hydration 1

IMO, Andersson would be a good pick up, but at no where near a blue chip cost

A blue chip prospect is a 1st that has turned out, or a prospect that has overachieved his draft position and would rank in the 1st round in a re-draft

aka.....Madden

So, if not a blue chip prospect or pick (aka a 1st), he would be a secondary "B" prospect or equivalent asset...……..not a NHL player aka Goldobin/Baertschi

Which is why, he probably sits un the AHL for the rest of the season, or goes back home...…..mostly because the GM doesn't want the heat, if the kid

develops after he is traded...…………..

• Hydration 1