The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

5 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Only 5 points and a -9 in the AHL in 13 games. 1 point and a -8 in 17 games in the NHL. 

I don't know what he expects, but those aren't exactly numbers that scream NHL player. He's still young, but I wouldn't be willing to cough up whatever it would take to land him. Between throwing his silver medal into the crown last year and this, the guy really seems like he has an attitude problem.

And now we wait for @Timråfan to come and defend him. 

Don't you know that using +/- on these boards will get you crucified? 

1 hour ago, Provost said:

I don’t believe Madden is ever going to be on our roster in a meaningful

way.
 I don’t even know if he ever signs with us.  If I were him or his advisors and saw our roster at centre, I would stay in college and then become a free agent and sign close to home.

He would also be hitting the point of trying to crack the roster right when Podkolzin and Hoglander are, so trying to convert to wing would be tough... and we aren’t going to be putting all 3 rookies in during years when we have playoff and Cup aspirations.

He is probably going to get moved, the only question is for what.  

Sell high while he is having a good season.  Even in a smaller, faster game... he would be the lightest player in the entire league, and doesn’t project to get a lot bigger when already 20.

I think I am going to wait on Madden.....he could be a Hobie Baker finalist....that is a decent pedigree, and he is playing against men

My absolute only concern is his Dad is a millionaire, so Madden Jr. has no worries short term, so he may want to finish school first

at that point, he is closer to being a UFA, so why not be one?

If he is there mostly for the hockey.....then he signs he, at the end of the year

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Do you watch him?

ive seen him listed as a center and a winger so I wonder if that plays into it...? 

Does he play more center then wing?

No, I haven't, I only read that he lost 5kilo before this season because he weighed too much and he thought that affected his play and that he was demoted to 4thline. 

11 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

He was captain of SWEDEN’s world junior team. That SCREAMS character to me. Vancouver would be the perfect home for him to find his game. I really hope JB is taking a long look and acquires him.

He was clearly the wrong choice to be captain. EP should've been captain on that team.

7 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

He was captain of SWEDEN’s world junior team. That SCREAMS character to me. Vancouver would be the perfect home for him to find his game. I really hope JB is taking a long look and acquires him.

He threw his silver medal into the crowd because he was upset they didn’t win gold. I get that he was only 19 but I wouldn’t say screams character. He was never gonna be an offensive producing player which is why many questioned him being taken in the top 10. I do think he could become a very good bottom 6 player but the price tag is probably too high for what this player could become at the moment.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

He threw his silver medal into the crowd because he was upset they didn’t win gold. I get that he was only 19 but I wouldn’t say screams character. He was never gonna be an offensive producing player which is why many questioned him being taken in the top 10. I do think he could become a very good bottom 6 player but the price tag is probably too high for what this player could become at the moment.

I think throwing the medal was immature but it also showed his fight. If JB acquired him, he would be a huge asset in a years time. I hope we can get him.

Edited by #Canucks

40 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

Since the Rangers happen to like Russians, they might ACTUALLY be willing to take Goldy off our hands for him. Only thing is I don't think he's worth Goldy. Goldy is a higher depth possibility. It's a trade down, unless we believe in Lias enough to take the chance.

Unless both sides consider it to be a hockey trade. 

Goldobin is a successful AHL player and has even had some limited success in the NHL compared to Andersson. But Goldobin doesn't have a role with the Canucks anymore and likely won't going forward. He's not challenging Boeser and Miller or even Pearson and Leivo for a spot in the top 6. Virtanen is showing that he can effectively play up and down the line up. 

Andersson may be the less proven player but he has a skillset that would allow him to slot in almost anywhere on this roster. Has some proven chemistry with Pettersson. Capable of playing a 200ft game with Horvat. Can win face offs and finish his checks to play on the fourth line. He's basically a young utility player that could possibly allow the Canucks to experiment with their line combinations. 

This kid was playing in the SHL in his draft year. 

Goldobin + 6th round pick. Maybe add in some conditions and it becomes a 5th.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Clock Tower Prison said:

Unless both sides consider it to be a hockey trade. 

Goldobin is a successful AHL player and has even had some limited success in the NHL compared to Andersson. But Goldobin doesn't have a role with the Canucks anymore and likely won't going forward. He's not challenging Boeser and Miller or even Pearson and Leivo for a spot in the top 6. Virtanen is showing that he can effectively play up and down the line up. 

Andersson may be the less proven player but he has a skillset that would allow him to slot in almost anywhere on this roster. Has some proven chemistry with Pettersson. Capable of playing a 200ft game with Horvat. Can win face offs and finish his checks to play on the fourth line. He's basically a young utility player that could possibly allow the Canucks to experiment with their line combinations. 

This kid was playing in the SHL in his draft year. 

Goldobin + 6th round pick. Maybe add in some conditions and it becomes a 5th.

I like this a lot. This kid has potential and we need that type of potential. Even if he ends up of the third line with Gauds. I sincerely believe he will fit well with Bo or even knock Boeser with Bo and have him with Petey. Then add Podkolzin into the top two Lines. I like it.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Juolevi, 3rd and goldy? May need to change that 3rd into a 2nd idk. 

I feel maybe oilers r best partner. Pool for lias andersson 1 for 1 

I think Pool for Anderson makes sense actually. Both high draft picks, both requested a trade.

Anderson's AHL stat (39 points in 74 games = 0.52PPG) are similar as Juolevi's even though OJ is a defenceman (21 points in 40 games = 0.525PPG).

I don't know if I'd trade OJ for Anderson 1 for 1.

Furthermore, Anderson requested a trade whereas OJ hasn't. Meaning, NYR is under the pressure to trade him. 

The thing with Madden is he just can't add weight. The dude is still playing at 155, which is where we drafted him. He'll get murdered in the NHL playing at that weight, especially since he likes to muck it up infront of the net. I've long thought he could be moved for a deadline piece. With a young core, we can be picky with our prospects, right up until we have to start paying said core, then ELCs will be gold. 

As for Andersson, I'd be fine with a cap dump or some Utica depth going the other way. Lias isn't worth more than that now, as he's struggling to find the NA game. I'd say save our picks, we need them; JB has added a 2nd far too many times for my comfort.

• Wat 1

Scouting report for Lias draft year:

Andersson is an excellent team player. Never takes a shift off. Also blessed with good hockey sense and plays a strong two-way game. Offensively, Andersson stands out with impressive puck skills, a good shot and fine speed. Has the tools to become a scoring line player, but could also become an excellent role player who always gives 100%

He can turn it around and become an amazing addition for us besides it would basically be like playing in Sweden, here in Vancouver.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

The thing with Madden is he just can't add weight. The dude is still playing at 155, which is where we drafted him. He'll get murdered in the NHL playing at that weight, especially since he likes to muck it up infront of the net. I've long thought he could be moved for a deadline piece. With a young core, we can be picky with our prospects, right up until we have to start paying said core, then ELCs will be gold. 

As for Andersson, I'd be fine with a cap dump or some Utica depth going the other way. Lias isn't worth more than that now, as he's struggling to find the NA game. I'd say save our picks, we need them; JB has added a 2nd far too many times for my comfort.

His dad played at 190 pounds.  He just has to attend more family dinners and maybe he can put the weight on.  

He skates like the wind and is playing at a Hobey Baker award pace in only his second year.  I wouldn't give up on him now soley because of his weight.  I remember Linden being quite skinny when we drafted him and there were major concerns about how he would hold up in the NHL.  155 pounds is quite small, we are talking little Johnny small.  However given his family pedigree I wouldn't pull the trigger yet.  

• Upvote 3

I think this Lias kid can play hockey.  Put him on Petey's wing and see what happens.  As long as it isn't an overpayment you have to take the gamble.  Swedes always excel in Vancouver with the odd exception.  Loui is the exception, most Swedes are very productive here.  I'd throw the dice on Lias.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

A perfect fit for the Canucks because the throwing came out of the feeling of being robbed by the refs... 

• Haha 3