The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

9 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I think Pool made it pretty clear to the Soilers that he wouldn't be coming back; I believe he did ask for a trade.

Regardless,  the Rangers picked Andersson too high at 7th overall (got suckered by his WJ performance) as most scouts had him in the 10-14 area.  JP was scouted close to the 4th overall by most of the pros.  I think the Soils would expect +++ more for Pool.

I think Andersson would be a good fit with the Canucks, if they could get him without giving up much.  He plays a JB type game; similar Podz and is just 21yrs old.  He would add some toughness/energy to the young core.

People going on about his bad attitude or character...just a kid who lacked some discipline at a critical time.  Who among us didn't think that Team Swedan were robbed in that game?  Poor reffing at it's max.:gocan:

The Rangers wanted to take a shortcut in their rebuild and drafted the 18 year old playing in the SHL. Then proceeded to ruin him by bouncing him around the SHL, AHL and NHL in his first year. I think Andersson fits Benning's vision of a "hard skill" team. 

13 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I talked with a Rangers fan on Twitter and he said he'd be OK with a 2nd or a prospect equivalent to that.

If only that were the GM. :lol:

Edited by Clock Tower Prison
  • Upvote 1

I don’t agree Lias is a bust. He needs a Change of scenery. If you look at scouting reports for busts there is usually something to knock on a player for (unless your last name is Daige) but if you look at his scouting report, Lias has everything, skating, play-making ability, can shoot, he’s fast. He just needs a change just like Naslund did. We are the North American Sweden. Right place for Lias.

1 hour ago, #Canucks said:

there was another tweet I can not find. Rangers were asked and told the media “that’s not the type of player we are after”

I saw that too but Friedman was initially saying that NYR showed interest in Puljujarvi in his 31 thoughts.  Guess that's not a trade that will happen.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sonoman said:

That’s not good, usually when this happens until the player makes some sort of amendment to the relationship the GM will hold out for a big package or just keep him suspended until Said player makes some sort of repair to the relationship. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

He was clearly the wrong choice to be captain. EP should've been captain on that team.

I agree, but based on EPs' demeanor during interviews (of course, observation from a far), he doesnt care about labels and just wants to win.   With labels comes some responsibility and he will earned that C or A.  As for Lias, offer up a fourth and sixth but preferably, I would rather see Lind, Jasek and etc be given a legit shot first.  Despite his situation, I would like to see a player show his fight on the ice and not through the media or etc - LE.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/21/2019 at 2:06 PM, kenhodgejr said:

To NYR - Sven Baertchi, Chris Tanev, Olli Juolevi 

To Van - Lias Anderson, Anthony Deangelo 

Let’s simplify a bit...

VAN

Anderson 

NYR

Bärtschi or Eriksson

Why?

The Canucks don’t need forwards at this time.

Anderson so far is as valuable as Dalpe.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, sonoman said:

Lol. Do you really think Benning is gonna take on a player like this after getting rid of Dahlen?

This guy is another Ho Sang. He’s his own worst enemy. Him and his agent will blame everyone else until before he knows it his NHL career is gone.

Edited by DeNiro

11 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Not sure why ppl are throwing Lockwood in trade proposals. Lockwood has continually expressed a desire to stay with the Vancouver organization because they remained loyal to him. Thus, he wishes to be loyal back.

Benning drafted character. This is the end result.

There is a difference between expressing and action. He could be saying that for PR. Nobody knows. Only Lockwood knows himself :)

Character can change for the better or worse. 

35 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Let’s simplify a bit...

VAN

Anderson 

NYR

Bärtschi or Eriksson

Why?

The Canucks don’t need forwards at this time.

Anderson so far is as valuable as Dalpe.

Are u &^@#ing high? Cap dump for a prospect who is struggling. Rangers would tell u to f off. Truly a bias trade for the canucks. 

How would u feel if I said.. 

VAN

Lucic

CGY

Woo

U get the idea? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Are u &^@#ing high? Cap dump for a prospect who is struggling. Rangers would tell u to f off. Truly a bias trade for the canucks. 

How would u feel if I said.. 

VAN

Lucic

CGY

Woo

U get the idea? 

I think Calgary jump at that deal actually :lol:

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol. Do you really think Benning is gonna take on a player like this after getting rid of Dahlen?

This guy is another Ho Sang. He’s his own worst enemy. Him and his agent will blame everyone else until before he knows it his NHL career is gone.

is that really the case? I knew he was struggling but is there an attitude problem too? (I don't care about a teen throwing a medal, I mean since that)