The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol. Do you really think Benning is gonna take on a player like this after getting rid of Dahlen?

This guy is another Ho Sang. He’s his own worst enemy. Him and his agent will blame everyone else until before he knows it his NHL career is gone.

Posted for info only.  Wouldn’t give up anymore than a 7th rounder for this spoiled child. 

2 minutes ago, sonoman said:
48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol. Do you really think Benning is gonna take on a player like this after getting rid of Dahlen?

This guy is another Ho Sang. He’s his own worst enemy. Him and his agent will blame everyone else until before he knows it his NHL career is gone.

Posted for info only.  Wouldn’t give up anymore than a 7th rounder for this spoiled child. 

Not sure why iPad is acting strange. Won’t let me edit post DeNiro. 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I just mean in the sense that he’s a young player that went public with a trade request.

These situations never end up well for the player. And to me signal a serious case of entitlement.

They’ve put New York in a very tough position now because they’re never going to come close to recouping the 7th overall pick they spent to get him. So they’ll likely hold onto him until his value has almost dried up.

Funny thing is he probably looks at Pettersson and thinks he could have been that good based on comparisons at a younger age. Players like that tend to put the blame on other people than accept their own shortcomings.

yeah its not a good look, or good advice from is agent either. I'd be fine with seeing how he did in Utica if we got him cheap, he couldn't do a ton of damage there and Cull has no time for complainers as we've seen. But you make a good case, it doesn't look like a Benning character fit, unless he's got some inside info from the Euro scouting that he's a good kid thats been mishandled. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah its not a good look, or good advice from is agent either. I'd be fine with seeing how he did in Utica if we got him cheap, he couldn't do a ton of damage there and Cull has no time for complainers as we've seen. But you make a good case, it doesn't look like a Benning character fit, unless he's got some inside info from the Euro scouting that he's a good kid thats been mishandled. 

Sure if he comes really cheap and you’re confident he’s not a head case you take a flyer.

I don’t think the Rangers are going to give him up for anything less than a 2nd or a higher end prospect.

I think he’s a classic case of being overly hyped at the world juniors and being taken too high. I don’t see a top 6 player there, and the Canucks already have an abundance of 3rd line prospects who have high character and put in the work.

Maybe if it was 3 seasons ago when we were taking flyers out on players we would take a chance. But a player like this is not necessary in our system.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sure if he comes really cheap and you’re confident he’s not a head case you take a flyer.

I don’t think the Rangers are going to give him up for anything less than a 2nd or a higher end prospect.

I think he’s a classic case of being overly hyped at the world juniors and being taken too high. I don’t see a top 6 player there, and the Canucks already have an abundance of 3rd line prospects who have high character and put in the work.

Maybe if it was 3 seasons ago when we were taking flyers out on players we would take a chance. But a player like this is not necessary in our system.

Exactly this right here! He’s gonna cost too much for what we already have plenty of. They’ll be asking for a 1rst but likely get offers of a 2nd with a small plus. However at this time for me I’d rather Benning use the 2nd and get us another player like Hoglander. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

There is a difference between expressing and action. He could be saying that for PR. Nobody knows. Only Lockwood knows himself :)

Character can change for the better or worse. 

What's the point in saying it TWICE? Also, you have to look at how he phrased this. While it is true he can change his mind, Lockwood has shown good character. Benning drafted character guys. Not hard to piece together the pieces. It's as good as confirmed, bud.

Second time.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/04/will-lockwood-goal-is-to-still-play-in-vancouver.html

Will Lockwood: “Goal Is To Still Play In Vancouver”

April 5, 2019 at 8:36 am CDT | by Gavin Lee 2 Comments

Like every team in the league that has top prospects playing in college, the Vancouver Canucks find themselves hoping Will Lockwood will sign with them at some point before turning to unrestricted free agency. Lockwood already told the team he is returning to the University of Michigan for his senior season, and could potentially pick his professional destination by waiting until August 2020. Today however he gave Canucks’ fans a bit of hope when speaking on Sportsnet radio (via Rick Dhaliwal):

I talked with [Canucks’ GM Jim] Benning and [Utica Comets GM Ryan] Johnson, things don’t change for me, the goal is to still play in Vancouver at the end of next year. I also want to leave a little bit of a legacy in Michigan. 

The decision was more difficult than I thought but the Canucks were very understanding and didn’t force me and gave me the time.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

What's the point in saying it TWICE? Also, you have to look at how he phrased this. It's as good as confirmed, bud.

Second time.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/04/will-lockwood-goal-is-to-still-play-in-vancouver.html

Will Lockwood: “Goal Is To Still Play In Vancouver”

April 5, 2019 at 8:36 am CDT | by Gavin Lee 2 Comments

Like every team in the league that has top prospects playing in college, the Vancouver Canucks find themselves hoping Will Lockwood will sign with them at some point before turning to unrestricted free agency. Lockwood already told the team he is returning to the University of Michigan for his senior season, and could potentially pick his professional destination by waiting until August 2020. Today however he gave Canucks’ fans a bit of hope when speaking on Sportsnet radio (via Rick Dhaliwal):

I talked with [Canucks’ GM Jim] Benning and [Utica Comets GM Ryan] Johnson, things don’t change for me, the goal is to still play in Vancouver at the end of next year. I also want to leave a little bit of a legacy in Michigan. 

The decision was more difficult than I thought but the Canucks were very understanding and didn’t force me and gave me the time.

Appreciate the research done. But people can always go back on their word. "Trust and honesty" is something that doesn't really exist in this world. 

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Appreciate the research done. But people can always go back on their word. "Trust and honesty" is something that doesn't really exist in this world. 

Of course they can go back on their word. Players like Justin Schultz kept telling he was going to sign and then he changed his mind at the last possible minute. I'm sure there was another player that did the same.

Remember when people were all worried about Boeser not signing? Go through the pages lol.

The fact that college prospects opt not to sign is uncommon. Sure the possibility exists but it's not likely.

I understand how jaded you feel with regards to trust and honesty not existing in this world, but I fully disagree with you.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

In other words, yeah all the evidence and research and everything he says makes it clear... but I'd rather question his character and call him a liar.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

So he's a quitter, too.  Just keeps getting better.

I got no issue with quitting. Players far more accomplished than Andersson have quit on their teams and gone on to win Cups with their next team. Off the top of my head two recent names come to mind in Carter and O'Reilly. The question is if this "quitter" can play, from my brief viewings of him he has some grit to his game but he is an average skater. Imo it doesn't make sense to trade assets for potentially another bottom 6 forward. Although I wouldn't complain if we traded another Carcone for him.

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I just mean in the sense that he’s a young player that went public with a trade request.

These situations never end up well for the player. And to me signal a serious case of entitlement.

They’ve put New York in a very tough position now because they’re never going to come close to recouping the 7th overall pick they spent to get him. So they’ll likely hold onto him until his value has almost dried up.

Funny thing is he probably looks at Pettersson and thinks he could have been that good based on comparisons at a younger age. Players like that tend to put the blame on other people than accept their own shortcomings.

Well said,  EP came in and earned the right to play with the best players in the team - his tenacity on both sides of the ice; especially, the defensive plays, really made it obvious to me, that we a have very special superstar in our team.   He just wants to win but he also wants to earn the respect of his teammates and coaches.  My observation from a far is that he does not seem entitled.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Toews said:

I got no issue with quitting. Players far more accomplished than Andersson have quit on their teams and gone on to win Cups with their next team. Off the top of my head two recent names come to mind in Carter and O'Reilly. The question is if this "quitter" can play, from my brief viewings of him he has some grit to his game but he is an average skater. Imo it doesn't make sense to trade assets for potentially another bottom 6 forward. Although I wouldn't complain if we traded another Carcone for him.

Different when it’s a 21 year old who has proven nothing.

Those two also weren’t suspended by their teams for walking away.

My guess is this guys NHL career will be a very short one if it’s not already over.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gaudette Celly said:

So he's a quitter, too.  Just keeps getting better.

Well... I wish Eriksson would quit...

When you see the signs that you’re time is running out, best to quit the situation and try to move on however dirty it may seem.

12 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Well... I wish Eriksson would quit...

When you see the signs that you’re time is running out, best to quit the situation and try to move on however dirty it may seem.

Loui is owed 8 million dollars.  99% of players DO NOT walk away from that money.

However, he is owed 3 million next summer as a bonus and then is owed 5 million.  I hope he does walk away from that. I doubt he can be traded but some bottom feeder team could take him if he is only owed 5 million but his cap hit is 12 million over those two years.

As for Andersson, I would be ok with JB getting him if it could be done on the cheap. Mid level prospect and a 3rd rounder or something. But I bet most teams will try to get him on the cheap....or at least ask. Why not....teams love high first round picks they think they can get playing again.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

He'd be interesting if he could be have for one of our lesser prospects, but I don't imagine that's likely. I'm not interested in giving up Juolevi, Madden, Lind, ect. 

I've got more confidence in the guys we've drafted and poured time into than I do in Andersson being able to flip a switch and up his game for us. 

If he feels entitled to NHL time with NHL players (and I'm not sure he does) ahead of players we've got who have already paid their dues I especially don't want him. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1