The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Different when it’s a 21 year old who has proven nothing.

Those two also weren’t suspended by their teams for walking away.

My guess is this guys NHL career will be a very short one if it’s not already over.

He is still young and has time to salvage a decent career. There were similar proclamations made about Tryamkin. I thought it was silly back then when people thought his career was over. Nichushkin left and has now been a solid role player for the Avs. Its unlikely he fulfills the expectations of being a top draft pick but his career is far from over. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He'd be interesting if he could be have for one of our lesser prospects, but I don't imagine that's likely. I'm not interested in giving up Juolevi, Madden, Lind, ect. 

I've got more confidence in the guys we've drafted and poured time into than I do in Andersson being able to flip a switch and up his game for us. 

If he feels entitled to NHL time with NHL players (and I'm not sure he does) ahead of players we've got who have already paid their dues I especially don't want him. 

@Timråfan So then there's Dahlen and Andersson. Both Swedish. Both demanded trades off teams. Hmm... Maybe just maybe Sweden has nothing to do with it.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Toews said:

He is still young and has time to salvage a decent career. There were similar proclamations made about Tryamkin. I thought it was silly back then when people thought his career was over. Nichushkin left and has now been a solid role player for the Avs. Its unlikely he fulfills the expectations of being a top draft pick but his career is far from over. 

Tryamkin was not under contract and had no obligation to stay here.

Completely different situations.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Toews said:

#ShouldadraftedNichushskin

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

@Timråfan So then there's Dahlen and Andersson. Both Swedish. Both demanded trades off teams. Hmm... Maybe just maybe Sweden has nothing to do with it.

Tryamkin is in KHL now. Palmu in Finland. Poolparty? So it doesn't look  like swedes only. 

Tryamkin is also wanted back, interesting. 

Bottomplayers, regardless, isn't a position everyone likes so those players probably like a more offensive position elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/21/2019 at 10:58 AM, smokes said:

OMG please Benning, go get this guy. I still remember him and Petey tearing it up for team Sweden.

If true.... I can't wait to see them re-united on a line here!! The Rangers probably won't ask for much either...  maybe let them pick between Goldobin and Baertschi? :)

41 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Let's make a Baertschi for Andersson trade?? Both players are upset with their current team so... why not??? I see some upside in Andersson and if it takes just a lil more to make the Rangers take on Baertschi's contract, go for it!!

Would you trade a 7th overall pick from 2 drafts ago for Baertschi?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

which is why I mentioned it may take a lil more.... the kid has NO future with the Rangers as he wants out... Baertschi can help them right away! If we were to retain a % of his salary.... it's a fair deal!

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Let's make a Baertschi for Andersson trade?? Both players are upset with their current team so... why not??? I see some upside in Andersson and if it takes just a lil more to make the Rangers take on Baertschi's contract, go for it!!

Teams won't even take Baer for free when he went through waivers....TWICE....yet you think the Rangers will trade a recent 7th overall pick for him?

Put the bong down champ!!  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Were you here two years after we drafted Jake? Half of CDC would've taken a bag of pucks for him and subsequently dismantled the entire management team as well.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Were you here two years after we drafted Jake? Half of CDC would've taken a bag of pucks for him and subsequently dismantled the entire management team as well.

Fans would have taken a bag of pucks.  The GM however, would not.

And the GM of NY won't just give away Andersson either. Certainly not for Baer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Fans would have taken a bag of pucks.  The GM however, would not.

And the GM of NY won't just give away Andersson either. Certainly not for Baer.

I don't disagree, but it's just explaining why some on CDC may think it's "fair" value.

• Cheers 1