The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs Oilers, December 23, 2019 -- 3 for 3/Holiday edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

The last four games our teams played well.  Not every period but overall we've been equal or better 3-1...and the one we should have lost we won.   I'm pretty sure EDM is getting scored on 5 times...and Markstrom is up to the task to do enough for us to beat them.   I also think that they are the team we need to beat to nab the third place this year in our division.   ARI and Vegas are good bets to go 1-2.    EDM, CAL and Vancouver are the teams fighting for the last spot and or a wild card .... need someone more JV, Miller, EP, Myers, Hughes magic. And some timely support goals...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Please beat the Oilers. 

I don’t mind losing, but not to the Leafs or the Oilers. 

Keep your head up, Quinn. 

Kassian won’t let-up. 

Have dreamed about the Zachman riding shotgun for Petey instead of McDavid. Miller-Petey-Kassian; Pearson-Horvat-Boeser; 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

D1BE9FE5-C387-455A-9D0B-39264F32FCAE.gif.933a42d5673e632ca0ed947f3ab684c5.gif2A5B6371-508B-4630-B65F-1422980FE4A1.gif.48d321fb09fb0d7a8bd14db202b4510d.gif

Who’s got an email addy for the Refs,  would love to send this to their inbox for their viewing pleasure. Merry Christmas. 

Go Canucks Go! Your solid team character will get us the Win!! I’m a believer in Karma

As for Nurse........ Santa’s brining you some coal. 

This is the first time I actually saw a replay of the "high stick" and that's garbage. I mean Loui shouldn't have his stick up there, but it looks like he actually made an effort to not connect it to his face by twisting his stick the other way (I'm not sure if it's some optical illusion though).

The triple toe axle is an instance where I think it's a penalty, but the embellishment should be penalized as well. I hope he's on that divers list and if he does it again tonight that he gets publicly shamed by the league for it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Jake’s always put up points on the pp when’s he’s on the half wall and used as a shooter. Like he was in jr. I don’t know why he’s never gotten a chance. I remember he did in pre season one year and he sniped a shot top corner against the Flames and then was taken off it and never put back on again. He has one of the heaviest shots in the league, take advantage of it...

If Brock Boeser is not cutting it in that position on PP, I wouldn't mind trying Virtenan but keep Boeser somehow on the unit, maybe replacing Horvat?  Miller is a good faceoff man anyways.   Boeser is deadly up close in the slot with accurate wrist shots.   Horvat is not playing well in that unit anyways.  

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Jake’s always put up points on the pp when’s he’s on the half wall and used as a shooter. Like he was in jr. I don’t know why he’s never gotten a chance. I remember he did in pre season one year and he sniped a shot top corner against the Flames and then was taken off it and never put back on again. He has one of the heaviest shots in the league, take advantage of it...

Jake seems to be the type of play that needs to be reminded to play the right way. He's getting his opportunity to stick on the PP. He's taken the longer path in development, but it's been paying off and I'm sure he will be happy with Green at the end of the day with how he has progressed his game and likely will have a nice long career out of it. Guys like JT Miller respects how AV handled him even if he may not have liked it when he was younger (as evidenced during their interviews about it earlier this season when we faced AV and Philly) and Ferland came out saying that he wishes he could tell his younger self to trust the process. This is the kind of evidence that leads to why "power forwards" take longer to develop sometimes.

So with that said, they knew what they had when they drafted him, but wanted to ensure he had the right attitude and mindset towards the entire game rather than focusing on the limelight offense. This isn't some hindsight decision from the coaching staff suddenly realizing his offensive potential, but rather a developmental plan for the player to be the best version of himself and he's still progressing towards that. Development is just as important as draft ranking/position.

• Upvote 4