The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBC suspends Jeremy Roenick for inappropriate comments

Rate this topic

grandmaster

I listened to some of that episode.. JR was referencing asses and threesomes... Was cringe worthy. It's something I'd say back when I was 16.

When he was saying that about KT, I was like WOW dude, chill out on the sexualization of a coworker. 

Anyway, &^@# JR, hope he never sniffs the HOF. 

Edited by Western Red
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ThaManbeast said:

hahahaha That's all hilarious and with good intent.

What exactly was the intent? I don't see any point to his comments other than to try to make a joke that fell flat. Even the SC guys tried to save him a bit. Whitney tried to suggest that JR sees Tappen like a sister... but then JR went on to joke about pretending that they were involved in a threesome, which just made things more awkward.

1 minute ago, StealthNuck said:

Cancel culture has absolutely nothing to do with this. Publicly talking about having sex with your co-workers has never been acceptable.

He's obviously not being serious. He was saying she was attractive and he telling a story about how he pretended he was with both of them to a stranger as a goof.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ThaManbeast said:

He's obviously not being serious. He was saying she was attractive and he telling a story about how he pretended he was with both of them to a stranger as a goof.

It doesn't matter if he's being serious or not.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

How is this ruining his life? It's not. He was free to say whatever he wanted, but he's not free from the repercussions of what he said. Again it's not acceptable to talk about having sex with your co-workers in public. It doesn't matter if it was a joke or not. It's ridiculous that people are even defending the guy, especially considering his history.

he a Republican makes sense that he a idiot. What other history does he have 

• Wat 5

1 minute ago, Western Red said:

You sure? I dunno man, I'm pretty moderate in stuff like this.. But he's talking about KTs ASS in a bikini ON AIR.

Kathryn Tappen is being googled just as much as JR now. That's unfair sexualization.

It would be one thing if they were not close friends and she genuinely felt uncomfortable working with him. But this is just outside outrage.

• Upvote 1