The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBC suspends Jeremy Roenick for inappropriate comments

Rate this topic

grandmaster

15 minutes ago, xereau said:

I'd rather watch or listen to three guys shooting the sh*t, than they protect some stuffy corporate BS.

This is completely about cancel culture, for it was a J O K E.

Ruining a guy's life over a joke? Where does it end?

It should be up to the consumers to dictate his worth to society, and not a boardroom beholden to a group of hyperreactionaries.

Over. Dramatic.

• Cheers 2

The joke about having to think about sleeping with Sharp if he asked is pretty funny. I dont think comedy should be censored, which I think this was an attempt at. The real question was Kathryn offended by the comments? 

If you go on a vacation with your wife and another good looking woman, there are going to be some good three way jokes to be had, he probably thought because of the nature of the podcast he would be fine making these type of jokes, I mean the podcast is called Spittin Chicklets.   

Pretty bone head move though for a TV personally with all the Me too and cancel culture at the moment, especially in hockey. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ThaManbeast said:

hahahaha That's all hilarious and with good intent.

1 hour ago, ThaManbeast said:

He's friends with all three of them. He also compliments all three on how well they do  their job. I can guarantee you none of them are offended by this and this outrage is all purely just other people being offended for them. If she doesn't feel weirded out by his comments it's really not anybody else's business to be. This cancel culture is forcing everybody to be formal and boring even in the entertainment business which is what this is.

1 hour ago, ThaManbeast said:

He's obviously not being serious. He was saying she was attractive and he telling a story about how he pretended he was with both of them to a stranger as a goof.

1F828983-F61C-4F8D-86B3-F7A85A402D94.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

This society is obsessed with getting offended on behalf of other people.  

White knighting online is the most popular pass time these days.  

While I agree to an extent, making jokes like that about coworkers is out of bounds in pretty much everywhere these days.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

While I agree to an extent, making jokes like that about coworkers is out of bounds in pretty much everywhere these days.

:lol: I know, right? Every legitimate organization has HR policies in place so this stuff isn’t said publicly.

• Cheers 1