The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 23, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

How long was Crybaby Crosby a thing? I’m sure McDavid will be just fine.

I'm glad that the league doesn't buy into his flapping arms routine every night tho, some nights he does deserve to be called "McDiver" imo. Too many guys on that team do it, frankly, with Smith and Nurse being the worst. Even Koskinen last night with Petey... laid on the ice like he was run over by Probert :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm glad that the league doesn't buy into his flapping arms routine every night tho, some nights he does deserve to be called "McDiver" imo. Too many guys on that team do it, frankly, with Smith and Nurse being the worst. Even Koskinen last night with Petey... laid on the ice like he was run over by Probert :lol:

I was really hoping he'd get protocalled for that 

would have been awesome

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Oh, he can piss right off with the diving but something tells me the kids who want to emulate McDavid aren’t focusing on that part of his game. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

who knew all Jake had to do was stop using his head and start using is ass more? 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Haydnucks said:

If you’re getting your game on in what looks to be your garage while smoking a stogey, you, sir are a beauty! Registered Beautician! That would be my happy place.

Yup!  Thanks!  Me, a kerosene heater, and electric heater make it about 65-68F in here when it's 20°F outside.  Add the 55 inch flat screen, hard wired to the modem with the NHLtv service and a quality cigar and I'm in heaven.  Took a bit to get it all together, adding on here and there but well worth the wait.  If you're ever in the DC area, come on by!  I have a second zero gravity chair and a fine cigar for ya!  :lol: :metal:

Edited by Bocivus
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

As they improve, their prospects will degrade a bit as they pick further in the rounds

Of course.  But what we have in there now compares quite favorably to what has graduated out of the Oiler swamp of prospects trying to balance that roster today.

Our future looks far brighter, IMO.

52 minutes ago, xereau said:

The only way this team has a long window, is if we continually feed youngsters into lines with the core, inflate their value before their 2nd contracts come up, and flip for more ELC blue chippers. Its how Chicago, Tampa, Boston, and others extended their windows beyond a single strong core.

Problem is, who do the Canucks have coming up to do this with?

Brock Boeser and Jake Virtanen.  I'm not advocating for trading them, but that's the comparable to the Chicago model where they had to deal away some of their young breakout players.  

Our best players at the moment are 
1. Elias Petersson 
2. JT Miller 
3. Quinn Hughes 
4. Jacob Markstrom 
5. Bo Horvat 

We'll see what happens in two years but I'm really hoping that we have two of Hoglander, Madden, Rathbone or Podkolzin ready to step in and take an NHL job by then.  If that happens then we can start doing what you're suggesting.