The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 23, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Brock Boeser and Jake Virtanen.  I'm not advocating for trading them, but that's the comparable to the Chicago model where they had to deal away some of their young breakout players.  

Our best players at the moment are 
1. Elias Petersson 
2. JT Miller 
3. Quinn Hughes 
4. Jacob Markstrom 
5. Bo Horvat 

We'll see what happens in two years but I'm really hoping that we have two of Hoglander, Madden, Rathbone or Podkolzin ready to step in and take an NHL job by then.  If that happens then we can start doing what you're suggesting. 

Boeser will be the main one to go

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Every player says that, almost none of them actually do it.  Peteys next contract will likely be double digits, then the Canucks are in trouble, imo

The only player I've ever heard say that - and this goes back a long way - is McKinnon this year for his next contract.  Will he do it?  Probably not.  Players care more about their bank accounts for the most part - although Burrows took a discount on his second to last contract but was more then compensated for it on his last.   

We shouldn't expect anyone one this team to take less value then they've earned - because they will not do that.   The best we can hope for is we sign guys to a fair contract and they out perform it. 

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The only player I've ever heard say that - and this goes back a long way - is McKinnon this year for his next contract.  Will he do it?  Probably not.  Players care more about their bank accounts for the most part - although Burrows took a discount on his second to last contract but was more then compensated for it on his last.   

We shouldn't expect anyone one this team to take less value then they've earned - because they will not do that.   The best we can hope for is we sign guys to a fair contract and they out perform it. 

I definitely don't expect anyone to leave $ on the table.  However, I hope they understand that pretty much closes a window on the team.  Of course the cap amount plays a part in that too.

Petey will get a massive pay day and he will have earned it (in context), but it will be bad for the team, as a whole. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Every player says that, almost none of them actually do it.  Peteys next contract will likely be double digits, then the Canucks are in trouble, imo

I get it, we are all human, and likely all of us would go after as much money as can be earned, but I honestly think, if it was me, I would leave money on the table, knowing it would allow the team more to put better players around me, thus a better team.  I would also leave money on the table to play where I want.  It really strikes me as odd that we don't see that more.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

I think minnesota has their panties in a bunch to land boeser. 

Honestly, i think boeser really wanted to come home after last season, and there were talks, but minny has nothing benning could justify taking in return. 

Dumba.   That's it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, lmm said:

It was allowed when Daniel did it, it was a rogue interpretation. imo

that play has being a good goal as long as I can remember

except when Danny did it

It wasn't until 2014-2015 that a player was allowed to deliberately angle their skate to deflect a puck in. Deflections off stopping motions were allowed before then.

26 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

It wasn't until 2014-2015 that a player was allowed to deliberately angle their skate to deflect a puck in. Deflections off stopping motions were allowed before then.

right, like they ever could tell the difference

so that is what made Bo's goal legal, he prectically had to do the splits last night, hope he doesn't get a groin injury from that play

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SilentSam said:

...probable return of Tryamkin,. Joulevi looking very really good in Utica lately,  would like to see Brisboise soon, Raferty, Woo.

The future is bright.

Makes you wonder if it wasn’t for Joulevi being a little behind schedule because of set backs,.  If Tanev would be shopped hard.?

Yup totally agree, if were not in it come TDL I'd move Tanev and Stetcher. Stack our picks. I'm not as high on Tryamkin but hopefully he turns out to be decent

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I know we're all supposed to say that.. but imo he isn't. Yes he's got speed and good hands, but there are better playmakers, harder shots, guys like Malkin that play a far tougher game, etc.

I'd much rather face Edmonton and McDiver than Colorado and MacKinnon in the playoffs. Diver is also not as complete a player as Crosby, I actually don't like that comparison at all. 

Agree

• Upvote 1

Man i was at the game last night great win! Im offically 10-0-2 at canucks games..

one thing really grinds my gears is that the people who pound the drum to amp up the crowd were not doing the drum rhythm correctly.. drum guys were doing “lets go oilers” rhythm smh...

whoever is the drum pounder please know the go canucks go rhythm If you want nucks fans amped up

Edited by WalkWithElias40
  • Upvote 1

On 12/23/2019 at 9:31 PM, VforVirtanen said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

(appreciate the ironing)

Bo and Louie score, what’s not to like?

Louie getting $6M per year or $6M per goal LOL

Boys are on a roll, gotta love it!

Wonder how Oiler fans feel about Bo's goal :bigblush:

15 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

You guys hating on Boeser are all stupid.

Straight up, kids not a negative and is a point per game. 

I love Brock but his play this year has me worried that he wont be worth the contract hes going to get in a couple years. Part of me wants to trade him and maximize his value and the other part thinks we could end up regretting it

• Wat 1

41 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Man i was at the game last night great win! Im offically 10-0-2 at canucks games..

one thing really grinds my gears is that the people who pound the drum to amp up the crowd were not doing the drum rhythm correctly.. drum guys were doing “lets go oilers” rhythm smh...

whoever is the drum pounder please know the go canucks go rhythm If you want nucks fans amped up

“Crazy P” is always in the lower bowl banging his drum :lol:

14 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Regardless of what you said you're way out to lunch. You say he tries this 10-12 times a game and it results in turnover 90%

So were 40 games into the season.

If he tried this 10 times a game and 9/10 were turned over he'd have 360 turnovers right?

Not 54 or whatever...

You know what he does have....62 pts lol.

So yeah. Take the blinders off maybe. 

Nobody is denying his speed and ability to get points. McDavid is not an all round complete hockey player. In my mind to be the "the best player in the world" you need to play both sides of the ice. Play a team game, rather than worry about padding your own stats. As a Captain you don't whine and cry about everything. He doesn't use his big frame for any type of contact. He watches and waits for the puck, a lot of  time at the blueline. You rarely see him battling the boards or blocking shots. We have seen Petterson dive in front of shots to stop the puck from going in on an empty net on numerous occasions. No way McDavid is doing that.

Overrated. 

Edited by ahf149