The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 23, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

57 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

You guys hating on Boeser are all stupid.

Straight up, kids not a negative and is a point per game. 

I don't hate Boeser, but aside from points he's not a very effective player.  They won't be able to afford Petey, Hughes and Boes and still be able to field a lineup with any depth, at all.  Would you rather see Petey or Hughes go?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't hate Boeser, but aside from points he's not a very effective player.  They won't be able to afford Petey, Hughes and Boes and still be able to field a lineup with any depth, at all.  Would you rather see Petey or Hughes go?

Tampa, Pittsburgh, and Washington disagree.

Its all about drafting well and rotating players on cheap ELCs In and out out of the lineup.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

None will go, and how is he not effective? The guy battles hard as hell out there. He also is getting the points and goals.

How is that not effective? What is he suppose to make all the saves too?

Edited by 5Fivehole0
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Man, Erickson scored a beaut at the end there. Putting on a clinic he was. Straight up sniper. Goalies piss themselves a little  when they see him step out on the ice.

I think Nurse wanted to fight Roussel because he was afraid that Eriksson would hurt him like the previous game.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Man i was at the game last night great win! Im offically 10-0-2 at canucks games..

one thing really grinds my gears is that the people who pound the drum to amp up the crowd were not doing the drum rhythm correctly.. drum guys were doing “lets go oilers” rhythm smh...

whoever is the drum pounder please know the go canucks go rhythm If you want nucks fans amped up

Well you should send some letters to the front office and see if you can get some free games (your record is good).    My bro and I started going to games at the PC way back in the early Linden era - and our record was ridiculous right through the Keenan era and up until the past few years (now we only get to see them when they are in OTT and MTL).  Used to live on the Island and get to a few games per season - and saw a lot during the Keenan days but for some reason they won the games we went to.  Lost track but it was in the .900 range.   Now it's dropped but still ridiculous.   Looking forward to mid February when they come to town and we can watch them destroy MTL and OTT.   We are making the playoffs this year.   And once we do watch out - we won't be easy to play against that's for sure.   Things have changed a lot since the Pacific Colliseum days - that was a great place to watch hockey - no crap on the ice or on the boards.   Fans could scream as loud as they possibly could and swear and yell and beat on their chests and no ushers were there to shush you.   

Still any game you can go to live is a great experience.   Going into enemy territory and making noise is also fun.  Habs fans don't seem to mind - OTT fans too.  Or maybe it's just because we are two freaky looking dudes when we go ha ha.  This year I'm more excited to see them then when I first moved here about ten years ago.  Something special is in the works - you can feel it.  Might not be this year but very soon nonetheless.  Keep going to as many games as you can - we need that type of record to continue.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Tampa, Pittsburgh, and Washington disagree.

Its all about drafting well and rotating players on cheap ELCs In and out out of the lineup.

Toronto is a more apt comparison as Van will have to spend a significant portion of their cap on only a few players and as the team improves, their draft picks will be later and later.

I'm not complaining about it, it means that the young guys are living up to the hype, but I don't want them to follow the TO model.

Petey, yes

Hughes, yes

Boes..........I think his future cap is better spent

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

None will go, and how is he not effective? The guy battles hard as hell out there. He also is getting the points and goals.

How is that not effective? What is he suppose to make all the saves too?

We just disagree on Boes.  I don't find him To be a particularly good player outside of his points.  He's ok at the current salary, but he'll be asking double that on his next deal and I think that $ is better spent on good depth players.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

We just disagree on Boes.  I don't find him To be a particularly good player outside of his points.  He's ok at the current salary, but he'll be asking double that on his next deal and I think that $ is better spent on good depth players.

That would be a little ridiculous.  If he keeps it up and is a 70ish point guy over the next three years he won't make much more then is qualifying offer which would be fair.   Teams need guys like BB  more then the Mottes, Roussels and Sutters you speak of.   I don't think we have much of anything to worry about.  BB appears to be a blue chip guy, nothing more nothing less, and those guys teams need to get their points. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, IBatch said:

Dumba.   That's it.

I think you'd have to give some serious thought to Dumba.  But Boeser says he wants to play in Van and he signed a friendly bridge deal.  The lads are all tight.  

Thing is, Boeser isn't playing the game that I thought he was.  In his rookie year, he'd hit the seams and had that wicked and deceptive shot.  Now he's 15 lbs heavier and does better on the boards.  I wanted him to go to Bo's speed skating coach but he doesn't appear to have done that.  And his shot.  It's still good but after his wrist injuries, I've heard he has altered his release because the mechanics were just too hard on the wrist.

Nonetheless, he's a smart player, plays a heavier game and is looking like he'll produce around 30 goals and 30 assists.  That's a nice piece to have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, stawns said:

Toronto is a more apt comparison as Van will have to spend a significant portion of their cap on only a few players and as the team improves, their draft picks will be later and later.

I'm not complaining about it, it means that the young guys are living up to the hype, but I don't want them to follow the TO model.

Petey, yes

Hughes, yes

Boes..........I think his future cap is better spent

Petey and Hughes are going to be the top dollar boys.

Boeser is going to be the next level down.  I think he's in the process of re-inventing his game.  He's not as fast as he would like so he's bulked up a bit and I see him turning into a Miller type but not as fast and with a better shot.  I see no reason though, why we shouldn't consider him to be a core player in the future.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

That would be a little ridiculous.  If he keeps it up and is a 70ish point guy over the next three years he won't make much more then is qualifying offer which would be fair.   Teams need guys like BB  more then the Mottes, Roussels and Sutters you speak of.   I don't think we have much of anything to worry about.  BB appears to be a blue chip guy, nothing more nothing less, and those guys teams need to get their points. 

I disagree.........Beagle was critical to Washington's Cup.  Bottom 6 guys are every bit as important to contenders as the top 6 guys, imo. 

Obviously it's not something on JB's plate, currently, but it's on the horizon, for sure.

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I'd flip him for a more complete player if the opportunity came up.

• Wat 2

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Fans in this market are ridiculous sometimes.

Other teams would gladly take our “underperforming” winger from us if we were stupid enough to dump him.

where did you read "DUMP HIM"?

The Canucks have a long history of selling low early or holding on too long.

Brock's value is currently high, why would we dump him?

Take Rick Tocchet for example, traded for Mark Recchi, Luc Robitaille, Kevin Stevens and Lee Goren in separate deals. At what point was Tocchet DUMPED?

• Upvote 2