The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Russia vs. Canada | Group B | Dec. 28, 2019 | 10:00 AM PT

Rate this topic

Hayton, what a punk. No respect. His actions, while wearing the C no less, are inexcusable. 

I dont wanna hear any excuses about the Russians celebrating too hard on the 6th goal... They should be celebrating, we're historically their biggest rival and they absolutely destroyed us. I didn't see Canada holding back when they ran up the score last year against a team (was it the Swiss or Denmark?)

Edited by Kushman
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

I'd actually send him home if I was Hunter.

At a minimum healthy scratch for next game. That's terrible.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I don’t think Team Canada will do this, but IMO Hayton should be sent home.  It’s a big honour to wear our country’s jersey, and a huge honour to be the Captain.  To be so disrespectful to another team and country is beyond what should be allowed.  Send Hayton home, and send a message to everyone that Canada does the right thing. 

No matter what anyone says, whether its, oh if the shoe was on the other foot, and Russia does the same thing, poor sportsmanship on a world stage isn't acceptable. That's something you learn as a child, that's like the building block of becoming a pro in any sport. I wouldnt put it on the same level as the Sweden player throwing the silver medal over the glass. Different circumstances. 

This isn't his first world tournament so there really is no excuse for what he did. I doubt he gets sent home, or even sits out. They'll make him say something like sorry guys, my bad, heat of the moment type of thing to try and deflect it, or the team just releases a half ass statement, and TSN tells it like, he's just a kid you vultures leave him alone

8 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Hayton, what a punk. No respect. His actions, whip wearing the C no less, are inexcusable. 

I dont wanna hear any excuses about the Russians celebrating too hard on the 6th goal... They should be celebrating, we're historically their biggest rival and they absolutely destroyed us. I didn't see Canada holding back when they ran up the score last year against a team (was it the Swiss or Denmark?)

Canada celebrating after scoring 14 against Denmark. Team Canada becomes everything they didn't want to be (US) in celebrating after running up the score.

Russia could have easily ran up the score in this game, but chose to shut it down and just play keep away all period

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Hayton needs to sit one after that although he probably won’t.

Embarrassing....

I would sit him down and in a calm, fatherly manner explain to him why we have decided to remove the C from his jersey. A highly-teachable moment is at hand. 

Edited by Jack Fig

No respect whatsoever for Hayton

punk move for a classless pos 

he dies not represent me and frankly does not represent our Country or our Hockey values 

awful pick for a captain. O’Neill called him out immediately for it and I agree 100 percent 

with a leader like that it’s no wonder the team is garbage 

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

No matter what anyone says, whether its, oh if the shoe was on the other foot, and Russia does the same thing, poor sportsmanship on a world stage isn't acceptable. That's something you learn as a child, that's like the building block of becoming a pro in any sport. I wouldnt put it on the same level as the Sweden player throwing the silver medal over the glass. Different circumstances. 

This isn't his first world tournament so there really is no excuse for what he did. I doubt he gets sent home, or even sits out. They'll make him say something like sorry guys, my bad, heat of the moment type of thing to try and deflect it, or the team just releases a half ass statement, and TSN tells it like, he's just a kid you vultures leave him alone

Vultures? He is wearing the C representing our country. Welcome to the real world 

he is getting what he deserves. The real world works that way