The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] Tyler Bertuzzi

So Tyler is Todd's nephew.  Wouldn't it be great to see the name Bertuzzi on the back of a Canucks jersey again?

Tyler is having a great year.  Detroit is in full rebuild mode.  I'm sure they would entertain trading him for a package of players/picks to help with their rebuild.  Tyler is an agitator, more of a role player 3rd line type of guy.  But he already has 30 points this year and plays almost 20 minutes a night.  So he still has some upside to be a consistent top 6 winger.  His uncle didn't really get going until he was 24, so the fact that Tyler is just breaking out at 24 makes sense as it runs in the family.  

I think Tyler would make a great linemate for BO, or even Hockey Gaud, on the left side.  We bring in Hoglander next year and see who fits best.  Tyler could definitely help us out now and is young enough to blend in with our young core for the future.  I have to admit I haven't watched much of Tyler this year, so maybe some here can give feedback on his game this year and what the Canucks would have to give up to get him.  Would he help our top 6 or is he more of a 3rd line guy?  Do we need to trade Demko + to get him?  

Fire away...

He's on Detroit's first line with Larkin and Mantha... some All-Star Team projections also have him listed as the Wings' representative (Mantha's injured and Larkin only has 22 points this season and 5 points all this month...) while he's been the only consistent bright spot on the team.  If he's not a cornerstone for their rebuild I don't know who is (by comparison, picture us trading Horvat in the past couple of seasons when it was just him, Brock and Baertschi... heck even trading Baertschi would've left his wing barren -- and that's what you would get if the Wings traded Bert).

Demko+ would be a start as they're also atrocious in net but it might be one of those "more valuable to us to keep him than to trade him" moves, since they're ripping one hole in the roster to fix another, and he's not like Tavares or Rick Nash where he could bring multiple assets back.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Nice op. 

Well stevie Y has been looking for D men... 

We have OJ or Rathbone and some I would say middle four guys. ( didn't include tree or Jett woo , their off limits in my books) 

So maybe OJ( if rathbone comes in and shows his ready) jasek and a second would atleast get the conversation going. 

I like Mantha but yea it would be great to have a young Bert ha. 

6 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Usually when a team is in a rebuild, they tend to trade away their older players, their upcoming free agents, their grittier players......they usually don't trade 24 year olds currently carrying the team.

Detroit would have absolutely NO interest in moving Bertuzzi unless it was for a totally ridiculous package the they couldn't refuse.  In my opinion, the Canucks wouldn't be interested, they'd have to give up more than their willing to.

He’s 24.  does his age fit into where their rebuild is?  He will be 28-30 before their young guys are mature enough to really compete.  

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You'd be looking at BB6 and/or Gaudette plus a pick. 

Too much just to get a familiar name on a Canucks jersey.

That much?  :lol::lol:  No way mini Bert is worth that.  

I’d say he’s worth a comparable winger.  Hoglander would be the guy.  He’s the right age for their rebuilding core.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That much?  :lol::lol:  No way mini Bert is worth that.  

I’d say he’s worth a comparable winger.  Hoglander would be the guy.  He’s the right age for their rebuilding core.

If you have only 3 forwards that are good and at 25 under. Do you honestly think Yzerman would trade any of them unless you MASSIVELY overpaid?

• Cheers 2

3 reasons the Wings would ever trade him.

1)  He has some glaring issues on or off the ice.

2)  Another team thinks he is a "missing" piece and thus will need to pay a premium for him.

3)  Detroit is willing to make a lateral move to bolster another part of their team (eg. 1D Seth Jones for 1C Ryan Johansen)

The only way the Canucks can get him is if they feel some of their defensive prospects coming up is making their defensive prospect corp strong and a bit full.  

OJ, Tryamkin, Woo, Rafferty, etc..... not everyone makes it nor is there space for everyone, thus some will be expendable.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

He’s 24.  does his age fit into where their rebuild is?  He will be 28-30 before their young guys are mature enough to really compete.  

Mantha is 25yrs and Larkin 23yrs.  A couple of months ago I read a Stevie Y interview where he commented that those 3 are the team core.  Maybe they plan to do an Oiler re-re-build later on:shock:

Tyler plays a physical game and is their top scorer right now.  The price would be too high for Vancouver; although he would be a great fit.

So Bertuzzi's last 3 years

2017-2018......….Scored at a 40+ point rate

2018-2019......….Scored at a 50+ point rate

2019-2020...........Scored at a 60+ point rate

So, I have 2 problem with this proposal...…...

#1...…………….Cost to get him...……………………….Probably easier than the second problem

#2...…………….Cost to keep him...……………………..The guy is probably due for a 4.5 to 5.5 Million per year contract X 7 years

Sounds good, but we to develop our own

• 2 weeks later...