The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Markus Granlund, Brandon Manning, Eric Comrie, Andy Andreoff

1 hour ago, Bitter Melon said:

Don't understand the hate for Granny. He was nothing but a loyal soldier here who did everything asked of him. 

This.  He had that almost-breakout year shortly after coming over, and even as a PKer he was solid.  That plus loyalty to boot.

Sidebar, gotta wonder how it is in the management room when loyal guys like him are sent packing. 

I know it's "all part of the business" but the human side must be something to witness even if slightly saddening.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

How many ex Canucks get put on waivers by their new team, but when they're with the Canucks they never get put on waivers, they ride them out until their contract expires, and people find ways to argue they deserve to be here, then see this kind of stuff happen all the time.

I swear some Canucks fans over value some players way to much, always felt Granlund wasn't the greatest he always looked shaky on his skates not strong enough, but people would always argue with me you don't know what you're talking about, what Granlund does for this team is so much, he's so valuable to our team he kills penalties blah blah blah, at least other organizations see their flaws and deal with it instead of dragging it out like Canucks normally do, cough cough Eriksson.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Sucks for Granlund. He did everything he was asked to do while he was here. Hope he can get a fresh start with another team.

Like Granny was why the Coilers are Soiling.  He’s one of the few guys on their team who might actually play hard without the puck, and they send him packing.  That team’s two overpaid and overhyped players need to take a look at themselves in the mirror. 

• Cheers 2