The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 28, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly.  Too much space for the LA puck carrier through the neutral zone.  That’s the system, and the coach.  Too many sweeping soft stick checks too.  That’s also on the coach.  Our players have tuned out Green.  We need an experienced Cup winning coach, so the young core will respect his message.  

You blamed the players mistakes on the fact that they're following the coach's system then said that our players have tuned out Green. 

Not making too much sense there Alf

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

A win tomorrow ties us with Ari. Isn't that the team that just went all in getting Hall? Hmmmm

Yes Arizona went all in for a rental and they may not even finish ahead of the Canucks this year.  Was a dumb trade that will look 10 times worse in the summer when Hall signs with another team...

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Well said, Lombardi fell in love with the idea of a Kings dynasty; JB (hopefully he becomes a long term GM) should look into learning from the Kings, Hawks and Bruins about the lifecycle of a pro sports team...

I agree you don't want to follow the path of the King and Hawks.

The Bruins have been very good since 2010 and continue to be awesome. JB needs to do what the Bruins do imo.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes Arizona went all in for a rental and they may not even finish ahead of the Canucks this year.  Was a dumb trade that will look 10 times worse in the summer when Hall signs with another team...

Glad Arizona overpaid for Hall to help out another franchise that is very similar to them:  unstable ownership, non traditional market, constantly rebuilding and etc - the cycle of non traditional market teams in the NHL (thanks Bettman).

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I agree you don't want to follow the path of the King and Hawks.

The Bruins have been very good since 2010 and continue to be awesome. JB needs to do what the Bruins do imo.

That's why I included them !!!  I like how the Bruins had built a sustainable model but as a Canuck fan and despite the regular season success, I am glad they have not won the cup since 2011  !  

• Cheers 1

Woo!     To-night is Marky night:

100th win

49 saves

Stole 2 points

Great performance

Carried the team to have 4 win streak

I took special attention to Fantenberg who looks better than a man like that (Daughty)

We need the rest of the team working harder to-morrow, because Daughty will be back his home at that time.

GO CANUCKS GO!     5 WIN STREAK COMING!

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Chiarelli destroying Edmonton proved that Benning was the catalyst behind the Bruins success. He will do in Vancouver what he did in Boston.  

i hope good luck GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

I like JBs' growth as our GM - hope he is give an opportunity to win with his core !

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1