The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 28, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is Marky’s team as much as BO’s. Marky is 29 and is the veteran leader of this team along with Edler. Demko is a great young prospect but you just have to keep Marky and sign him long term. He is our starter and one of our leaders for years to come.  He can lead us to the Stanley Cup finals. 

Ditto - Demkos' time will come.  After, the rough stretch, I dont really care how they win, just as long as they get into the playoff....

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Team defense was a steaming pile.  Too much space and time surrendered, lost.battles and inability to clear.  Needs serious improvement.  

Exactly.  Too much space for the LA puck carrier through the neutral zone.  That’s the system, and the coach.  Too many sweeping soft stick checks too.  That’s also on the coach.  Our players have tuned out Green.  We need an experienced Cup winning coach, so the young core will respect his message.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Huge win. To get right back in the win column after the break is a good feeling.” - Markstrom

1672372548_canuckslogoalthdrhappy-001.jpg.67b3c84525d1651a469fbd66514322d9.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Ditto - Demkos' time will come.  After, the rough stretch, I dont really care how they win, just as long as they get into the playoff....

Demko plays in Calgary Sunday.  If Green goes with Marky after tonight’s game, I’d fire the guy immediately.  

• Wat 2

9 minutes ago, 6string said:

Our legs will be good to go in Calgary.

I watched LA last night against SJ, LA played a strong third otherwise were mediocre in the first two.

GCG.

I hope you are right, the Canucks cannot afford to play another sloppy game tomorrow night.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 1-d said:

This team isn't going anywhere without Marky standing on his head almost every game. The defense needs serious adjustments -- can't go on much longer bleeding shots like this

Having said that, a 4-game winning streak is nice. Let's go for 5 tomorrow! 

Just a question... why do the Canucks get out shot so much? and what can be done about that. 

It's a win.....watching Canucks games, is stressful.