The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Flames, December 29, 2019 - 6:30 PM PST -- HNY Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Nah Lucic is a pos.

Was a Giant as well but Kane & Gallagher > Lucic

Yeah, those two are much better players but Lucic's job in the NHL is to keep the other team honest.  It doesn't look pretty but that's what he does. 

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Lucic is an East Van boy.  He always takes it easy on the Canucks.  

Some of you have too much lingering hate from 2011, gotta let it go! 

actually my hatred goes further than 2011 ,and will be there until he just goes away!

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah, those two are much better players but Lucic's job in the NHL is to keep the other team honest.  It doesn't look pretty but that's what he does. 

Lucic job is to play out the remainder of his contract so his team can finally get rid of him. Similar to Eriksson.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd consider anyone that can net the number of assists he has over the past couple seasons as above average, and certainly not the dog that some folks here have made him out to be. 

Wouldn’t you say it’s easier to snag apples when you play with Petey and on the #1 PP.  Sedins before that. 

I am not saying he is awful. I am not calling him a dog either. He’s an average playmaker in my eyes. He makes a bunch of mistakes with his passing, more than most others in the top 6. I am not just going to ignore that because he gets a bunch of points with great linemates and good PP unit.  It’s very easy to overlook someone’s overall play that way. 

You can’t just look at the good without the bad.  I could call out a deficiency with almost everyone on the team. 

2 minutes ago, LateNightBus said:

Is that what is called "a takeaway" or interception?, we need those

A poacher is someone who cheats or floats around the offensive zone popping up when you don't expect it causing an interception or turnover, usually turning into a quality scoring chance.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Lucic job is to play out the remainder of his contract so his team can finally get rid of him. Similar to Eriksson.

Flames fans are thrilled to have him compared to Neal.  

Louie's actually played pretty well in the last 6-7 games (I'm including the one against the Oilers where Nurse won the Oscar).  Having said that I can't wait to drop his 6 mil/season.  

That was the single worst Free Agent class of all time btw.  

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

A poacher is someone who cheats or floats around the offensive zone popping up when you don't expect it causing an interception or turnover, usually turning into a quality scoring chance.

Also known as a goal suck back in the day!