The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Flames, December 29, 2019 - 6:30 PM PST -- HNY Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Why would you need an intercom in your own vehicle? They are in the car. They can hear you. 

Just now, danaimo said:

Okay.  Can anyone explain why you need an intercom inside your car?  Please. I don't get it.

Great minds think alike

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Something like that...  I don't mean the term "poacher" in a negative way.  I'd say the best poacher in the history of the NHL was probabaly Brett Hull, so maybe it's more of a compliment in my head then in yours 

Edit: Some may call him a sniper, if that's what you prefer ;) 

Whatever you call it, he's effective. He does poach not all the time though. I think he's got a lot more talent which we're seeing glimpses of.

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Flames fans are thrilled to have him compared to Neal.  

Louie's actually played pretty well in the last 6-7 games (I'm including the one against the Oilers where Nurse won the Oscar).  Having said that I can't wait to drop his 6 mil/season.  

That was the single worst Free Agent class of all time btw.  

If LE were 21 and a budding millennial Doug Jarvis, I'd be happy with the guy, and loving his play.  A good 13th guy.  But when Ferland and Sutter come back or Lind gets a chance to come up here?  At his best, he probably still doesn't make the team out of training camp, and he certainly isn't going to be playing in place of a healthy Ferland or Sutter.  We're just so used to  him looking so bad, that we think he's better than he is when he doesn't look too out of place.  He should have had at least one goal this last period, with the way his mates are creating chances. 

The best he can do for this team is leave the team in May or June and not come back.

Virtanen needs 3 million, EP needs 7 to 9, Hughes 5.5 to 7 million.  And Markstrom -- wouldn't it be something to be unable to find money for this guy, when LE is eating up Cap space.