The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Flames, December 29, 2019 - 6:30 PM PST -- HNY Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

13 minutes ago, gameburn said:

If LE were 21 and a budding millennial Doug Jarvis, I'd be happy with the guy, and loving his play.  A good 13th guy.  But when Ferland and Sutter come back or Lind gets a chance to come up here?  At his best, he probably still doesn't make the team out of training camp, and he certainly isn't going to be playing in place of a healthy Ferland or Sutter.  We're just so used to  him looking so bad, that we think he's better than he is when he doesn't look too out of place.  He should have had at least one goal this last period, with the way his mates are creating chances. 

The best he can do for this team is leave the team in May or June and not come back.

Virtanen needs 3 million, EP needs 7 to 9, Hughes 5.5 to 7 million.  And Markstrom -- wouldn't it be something to be unable to find money for this guy, when LE is eating up Cap space.  

There should be a post-it note attached to LE's bonus check in July. Show up at training camp and your spending the year in Utica. 

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

I think I'm going to start documenting just how soft some of these call are. There is no way, at any time, any place, this should be called slashing.

I am actually disgusted

10 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Meyers has to take a breath and look for teammates when he gets the puck , it seemed like every time he got the puck ( last night )he panicked and put it right on an L.A. stick. I wish he had the poise Hughes has. I hope today goes much better for him. Use that size for something.

i think he heard you

and is taking your post to heart

he is doing his best

to alter your perception of his game

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Nice to see Virtanen getting more involved on a nightly basis. Not that he's necessarily been a big physical presence, but he's not going invisible in games as much lately like he has in the past.

Still so much more for him to contribute IMO (I mean that as a compliment), but its nice to see he's finally starting to bring something night in & night out. God knows we've needed a good secondary scoring threat for how long.

If he can continue this progress on the third line (then move him up when he's really having a good game/stretch) that's huge for us. 

Perhaps he is playing for a good contract ?  I would rather hope, that he has realized what it takes to be a productive player (very capable) in the NHL.  GO JAKE GO !

• Upvote 1