The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Flames, December 29, 2019 - 6:30 PM PST -- HNY Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

???

They don't. The Canucks average 32 shots against per game.  Quit exaggerating. It was one game.

:picard:

Further, Shorty remarked that the Kings have the highest shot differential at +5.  To which I commented that they also have a -25 goal differential :lol:

Point is, their team shooting % is poor and part of their strategy is to get a lot of pucks to the net (regardless of quality).  

It annoys the he!! out of me when a team like that hems the Canucks in their own zone repeatedly.  :blink:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The hockey gods don't accept chickens as sacrifices on Sundays, Green may offer up Demko instead depending upon the team's desperation level.

For all that they have won 4 in a row they only moved up one spot,

Calgary is starting to get it together lately and they just might put the pedal down now.

There isn't one Canuck foolish enough to wake up Lucic by getting him plssed off and seeking some pay back.

We'll see.

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Almost at the midpoint of the season

A regulation win over Calgary tonight coupled with a Dallas regulation win over Arizona would catapult Vancouver into 2nd place in the Pacific Division just 2 points behind 1st place Vegas but with 2 games in hand on them.

spacer.png

Man,  what a log jam. Even the California teams could climb back in the hunt with a couple 3-4 game winning streaks.  The Canucks are going to have to stay laser focused from here on out if they want to  have any chance of making the big show.

• Cheers 1

Easily the most important game of this year.

Last season the Canucks where out of the playoff picture by the new year.

Beat Calgary today and they will surpass them in points with a game in hand. The Canucks will be sitting pretty going into next year and the almost last half of the season.

Win today and I would argue they have a better than 50% chance of making the playoffs.

Loss today and they could be in a dog fight for the rest of the season just to get a wild card spot.

A regulation win over Calgary tonight coupled with a Dallas regulation win over Arizona would catapult Vancouver into 2nd place in the Pacific Division just 2 points behind 1st place Vegas but with 2 games in hand on them.

spacer.png

Personally, I would say McJesus, Draist and to a certain extent Emmy award whiner - Nurse has been slacking; hence there struggle.  Tippett, should be riding those two horses harder or perhaps the brain trust has decided another first overall pick is the solution (who knows what a tire fire).

Edited by ShawnAntoski

spacer.png

If you go by straight wins and loses, only us and Arizona are about .500. Them being 21-19 and us being 20-19. Every other team even or below .500. Jeez. I hate the loser point. Edmonton is 20-21 yet three points above .500 lol

Horvat really needs some decent line mates. If the current trend continues this will be the first season of his career where he has regressed in the points department.  

Why isn't LE on the 3rd line? Put Jake with EP40/JT and move Boeser on to Bo's line. While you're at it maybe promote Rousell and move Pearson down a line. It would look like this;

Miller-Petterson-Virtanen

Rousell-Horvat-Boeser

Pearson-Gaud-Erickson

You know Virt will work his a$$ off to stay on that line and he can use his size and speed to  recover pucks so it isn't on Petterson all the time.  Horvat had good chemistry with both  Rousell and  Boeser last season and IMO this combo would make for 2 very dangerous lines instead of just having the Lotto Line as the only real threat. 

Edited by CptCanuck16

9 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You know letting 50 shots a game and pulling out a win is not sustainable going forward 

thank goodness for Marky 

I like the 2 points but we can’t sit there saying that was great let’s go out and do the same thing and hope we win again. 

Yah, I am also to the point that a win is all I want cause I just want them to make the playoffs and give our young core that experience (who knows they might even win a round or two ?).  I do agree, that our d strategy is very, "soft" and other coaches (players to a certain extent) are looking to take advantage.  If the Kings players had more finished the game could had easily gone the other way, even with Markstroms' strong play.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Let's go Canucks!!

Thought about going to the game, but I have decided to stay home with my Bacardi rum mixture, PVR both games and watch commercial free starting with the Seahawk game.

Let's go Canucks!

I want to see more possession style entries...especially Horvat driving wide and dropping it to his mate, who returns the pass, and Bo passing cross crease to the mate driving the net for a tap in....or variations of the attack triangle. If only Bo knew to do this, he would be setting up so many goals because he has the speed and ability to drive the dman back and wide and make the pass....haven't seen much of that from Bo lately.

I remember last time Flames beat the Canucks at home, Riddich stood on his head because a lot of play was on the perimeter and the Canucks did not get Riddich to move lateral or get him to think about the guy driving the net. The Canucks need to attack in the above manner to get Riddich to move lateral.

If Bo drives wide and sets up his mates, Bo will have a HUGE game. Come on Bo...Let's go!

Edited by Pete M
  • Upvote 1