The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Stops A Bad Guy With A Gun In Texas?

SabreFan1

What stops a bad guy with a gun in Texas?  Two good guys with a gun.

One of the dumbest places on Earth to pull a gun out and start shooting would be a church in Texas.  Someone pulled out a shotgun and started firing at people and was quickly shot and killed by two armed parishioners who were volunteer church security.  In the actual unedited livestream it shows two or three more people pulled their guns as well (it is Texas after all) but never got a shot off.

Sadly, CNN is reporting 2 people were killed before the gunman was taken out.

Edited by SabreFan1
It looks and sounds like a shotgun to me
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

The accuracy by the security guard is out of this world.

That being said, no chance this video stays. It literally shows people dying.

No it doesn't.  They pause it just as he shoots.  It's ABC News' video.

*edit*  Also, it was more than one volunteer security/parishioner who shot the gunman.  They shot him at point blank range.  You could be a terrible shot and still kill someone when you're that close.

Edited by SabreFan1

7 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

No it doesn't.  They pause it just as he shoots.  It's ABC News' video.

*edit*  Also, it was more than one volunteer security/parishioner who shot the gunman.  They shot him at point blank range.  You could be a terrible shot and still kill someone when you're that close.

I saw the live video and just assumed that was it as well, my bad. The live video feed I saw was a pistol shot from about maybe 30 feet away, point blank forehead

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Could of been much more of a tragedy. The security saved a lot of lives though not an unfortunate few. 

Pro-gun activists have more fuel. 

I'm a proponent for the 2nd amendment, but the problem is that even though there are more guns than people in the US, those guns are held by a surprisingly small percentage of the populace.

Unfortunately not all states are like Texas where the good guys with guns highly outnumber the bad guys with them.  Had this happened in a state like Massachusetts, this easily could have been waaay uglier.

1 minute ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I saw the live video and just assumed that was it as well, my bad. The live video feed I saw was a pistol shot from about maybe 30 feet away, point blank forehead

You'll have to PM me that link.  The one I saw was of the fat guy standing in the back less than 10 feet away who got off the first shot.

the social illness in american culture and society is shocking

these repeated stories (despite some good coming from the responding gunfire in this one) are depressing

the inaction by those in power and other leadership figures

will ensure this ugly tale

will have numerous additional future chapters

this is not a legacy about a strong nation with high moral and ethical standards

but a saga about one with a disabling chronic illness

that refuses to take necessary strong tasting medicine and other treatment

there is a high degree of insanity in the non productive approach to this blight

einstein provided a definition of this condition

due to visual limitations and profound hearing loss

our neighbours to the south are not able to comprehend his message

• Upvote 1

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

I'm a proponent for the 2nd amendment, but the problem is that even though there are more guns than people in the US, those guns are held by a surprisingly small percentage of the populace.

Unfortunately not all states are like Texas where the good guys with guns highly outnumber the bad guys with them.  Had this happened in a state like Massachusetts, this easily could have been waaay uglier.

Yeah for sure. 

Aren’t there more illegal guns out there than legal ones?

Just now, inane said:

I once posted a video of a child in Texas being trained on how to fire an Uzi.  Predictably, she couldn't handle the kickback and ended up killing the instructor.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah for sure. 

Aren’t there more illegal guns out there than legal ones?

I doubt it, but I'd be willing to bet that there are easily millions of illegal and/or unregistered guns floating around. 

There aren't many guns that are actually considered illegal in the US.  It's more like who is in possession of them.  For instance, convicted felons aren't allowed to have firearms.

16 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I doubt it, but I'd be willing to bet that there are easily millions of illegal and/or unregistered guns floating around. 

There aren't many guns that are actually considered illegal in the US.  It's more like who is in possession of them.  For instance, convicted felons aren't allowed to have firearms.

And they take that admonition verrrrrry seriously :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

And they take that admonition verrrrrry seriously :rolleyes:

Depends on the felon I suppose.  I imagine the white collar criminals aren't packing very often. 

That's definitely one thing that sucks.  You could be convicted of a non-violent felony and you instantly lose two of your constitutional rights (voting and right to bear arms).

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Depends on the felon I suppose.  I imagine the white collar criminals aren't packing very often. 

That's definitely one thing that sucks.  You could be convicted of a non-violent felony and you instantly lose two of your constitutional rights (voting and right to bear arms).

Oh I agree... gun crimes/violence have/has a tonnnnnnne of layers to it and not all crime involves weapons by any means.  That being said, I do always get a chuckle out of the individuals who believe chronic criminals (by definition those who consistently break the law) will follow the law when it comes to guns.  

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

Oh I agree... gun crimes/violence have/has a tonnnnnnne of layers to it and not all crime involves weapons by any means.  That being said, I do always get a chuckle out of the individuals who believe chronic criminals (by definition those who consistently break the law) will follow the law when it comes to guns.  

You know people who are that gullible? :picard:

That's like catching a fat kid constantly stealing cookies at home, then arguing his innocence when his classmate's candy goes missing.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Could of been much more of a tragedy. The security saved a lot of lives though not an unfortunate few. 

Pro-gun activists have more fuel. 

46 minutes ago, inane said:

Well, the reply above kinda covers any gain the pro-gun activists might have had. And the fact the guy got a rifle into a church and shot people to begin with certainly doesn't help their case.

But curious about the motives/background of this one. Maybe we'll hear more in the days to come.