The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Stops A Bad Guy With A Gun In Texas?

SabreFan1

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I wasn't making any kind of judgement on way or the other; only wanted to make that distinction why BC seems to spend less on students (re: public education).  One reason (not the ONLY reason) is that a large number are sent to private schools.

True but one would figure with so many kids going to private schools the public schools would have it easier and better.....

as someone that went from Manitoba high school to b.c , some of the classes were teaching things I  was taugh the year before and same goes for funding. Jaffery b.c and fernie high schools didn't have things my school in Manitoba had like smart boards in ever class room and so on both schools I went to in Manitoba had better teachers and tools. 

Before I get called a hick I ended my schooling in nvermere b.c and it was the worst school I've ever been too but my school in virden Manitoba had more students and was still better but Manitoba has a union and it's solid and I was also in special learning classes due to my hearing disability and can honestly say Manitoba did a lot more....

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Before I get called a hick I ended my schooling in nvermere b.c and it was the worst school I've ever been too but my school in virden Manitoba had more students and was still better but Manitoba has a union and it's solid and I was also in special learning classes due to my hearing disability and can honestly say Manitoba did a lot more....

BC voters / taxpayers do not value public education. 

So our government in BC funds education 1800 dollars per less than the CDN average province.

Private schools in BC are awash in cash / funding / student fees.....  small class sizes etc.....  

2 tier education is what BC taxpayers want to see.  Its a shame as BC used to have a quality public education system. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

BC voters / taxpayers do not value public education. 

So our government in BC funds education 1800 dollars per less than the CDN average province.

Private schools in BC are awash in cash / funding / student fees.....  small class sizes etc.....  

2 tier education is what BC taxpayers want to see.  Its a shame as BC used to have a quality public education system. 

I agree it is sad and sad part is that just adds to the problem , on all fronts. 

But like I wanted to point out at the start of all this , we have the same problems so we can't judge to much , also that the problem goes further then just gun control...

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

If our kids do so well in school, why are so many non employable, and kind of useless?  Why do so many turn to crime?  Our schools are way too easy on kids.  I heard some schools are even going without grades, because grades could hurt kids’ feelings if they don’t get Good ones!  That’s the teachers, again, coming up with non real world ideas.  

Again, kids leave school and find in the real world they actually have to earn their pay.  So those same kids head to crime.  

Kids are more useless now because families no longer teach their kids life skills.  KIds don't come from homes that have any tools, workshops etc....

Kids just sit around home all day playing video games.   Often single parent homes or 2 parent homes with both parents working........

Blaming the schools is incorrect.....as the home life for many kids now days is pretty sad.

If you really want to blame the schools look at how parents insist their kids do NOT take any shop courses..... as parents all think their little johnny will be a doctor or dentist.  Our society devalues the trades and kids see this and don't take practical trades courses at schools.  Plus our BC government has not funded schools to even have quality shops. Many highschool use shop equipment from the 1960's that is broken and outdated.

I don't want to rant more about this. It is depressing. 

• Upvote 2

Yah guns don't cause injuries / death....

A Texas woman was fatally shot on New Year’s Eve by what police say is likely to have been “celebratory gunfire.”

The woman, 61-year-old Philippa Ashford, was celebrating the turn of the new year with her family by setting off fireworks outside their residence in the Houston suburb of Laurel Oaks. According to a police statement, it was then that she reported she had been shot.

Texas nurse likely killed on New Year’s Eve by ‘celebratory gunfire,’ police say

17 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah guns don't cause injuries / death....

A Texas woman was fatally shot on New Year’s Eve by what police say is likely to have been “celebratory gunfire.”

The woman, 61-year-old Philippa Ashford, was celebrating the turn of the new year with her family by setting off fireworks outside their residence in the Houston suburb of Laurel Oaks. According to a police statement, it was then that she reported she had been shot.

Texas nurse likely killed on New Year’s Eve by ‘celebratory gunfire,’ police say

So cause of a few drunk people we should lose our guns?

with that logic we should all lose our rights to drive cause there's idiots that drink and drive.......

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

So cause of a few drunk people we should lose our guns?

with that logic we should all lose our rights to drive cause there's idiots that drink and drive.......

F#$^ you gun nuts will say anything to justify that second penis in your pants eh?

"Knives kill more people than guns, we should ban knives, and cars and hovercrafts."

"Thank god I live in a country that allows me to carry a gun so I can shoot other people with guns because guns are so rampant here in my country!  God bless."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

F#$^ you gun nuts will say anything to justify that second penis in your pants eh?

"Knives kill more people than guns, we should ban knives, and cars and hovercrafts."

"Thank god I live in a country that allows me to carry a gun so I can shoot other people with guns because guns are so rampant here in my country!  God bless."

Gun nut?... I use mine for hunting and at the range and there's lots people just like me. I also have two hand guns that I use at the range. They get locked up all the time and I get a permit from the rcmp to take them to the range. 

So why should I or any responsible owner lose their guns cause of idiots , 

I was just going to point out idiots will kill each other one way or another. 

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

i get where the father is coming from, but in my personal experience I wouldn't hate the gun , I would hate the shooter. 

Before you saying that's rich to say since it's not me and I don't understand his feelings/side but my dad was murdered and I don't hate the gun , I hate the person. 

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/mobile/dean-s-family-deserves-answers-rcmp-search-for-information-in-historical-homicide-1.3483674

he taught me a gun is a tool, you can do good ( feed your family/ protect them or you can do bad, all depends on the person......

• Upvote 1