The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 29, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, HC20.0 said:

Just got home from the game. MAN THAT WIN FELT GOOD! After Myers scored early, the crowd was virtually silent and it was amazing. I heard so many complaints from the Flames fans around me and it was hilarious to listen to. That was a great effort tonight, and easily one of my most favourite games I've been to. Good game by Myers after a poor game last night by him. Demko was fantastic as well. Also there was a great turn out of Canucks fans, and we rocked the houseB)

Awesome! We should return the favor to all other CDN teams, raiding their arena and taking it over.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

First time in five years that we have at least 20 wins in the first 40 games.  Also the first time we have a positive goal differential at the 40 game mark.

After 40 games:

2015: 15-16-9 (-16 goal differential) 

2016: 19-18-3 (-19 goal differential)

2017: 17-17-6 (-23 goal differential)

2018: 18-18-4 (-6 goal differential)

2019: 21-15-4 (+13 goal differential)

Not bad for a mediocre team

Speaking of 18yr ol Bennett.. was he a scratch?  

talk about a guy going south.  I remember him in Junior followed by his first few months as a Flame.  I was concerned that the flames got such a good player, and now he’s trending towards full plug status.

and how about JG and Monahan? Flames will never win anything with those guys as their primary offence drivers.  Soft as butter and fold like a tent when the going gets tough.  I’d take our core kids over theirs.

flames spent heavy to build that D and they look like they are going nowhere.  

• Thanks 4

42 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

First time in five years that we have at least 20 wins in the first 40 games.  Also the first time we have a positive goal differential at the 40 game mark.

After 40 games:

2015: 15-16-9 (-16 goal differential) 

2016: 19-18-3 (-19 goal differential)

2017: 17-17-6 (-23 goal differential)

2018: 18-18-4 (-6 goal differential)

2019: 21-15-4 (+13 goal differential)

FURTHER proof the 5 yr stealth-tank is Kaput!

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Darius said:

talk about a guy going south.  I remember him in Junior followed by his first few months as a Flame.  I was concerned that the flames got such a good player, and now he’s trending towards full plug status.

and how about JG and Monahan? Flames will never win anything with those guys as their primary offence drivers.  Soft as butter and fold like a tent when the going gets tough.  I’d take our core kids over theirs.

If I remembered correctly, JG and SM recently (within two years), just signed long term contracts ?  Not sure of the character of both players but I am glad that our GM, is also looking at the characters of the players instead of just skills.  Yeah, they did spend heavy on that d core but in a few weeks they will be in an uptrend again - I am liking the winning streak but there are still half the season left.  GCG !

Edited by ShawnAntoski

One of the best wins of the year for me.

they didn’t sit back.  They were responsible but went after it when the opportunity came.  Great to hear Demko touch on that post game with Murph.  Reassuring to know that the group needs to be aggressive to be successful.

Happy New Year CDC

Edited by riffraff

10 minutes ago, Darius said:

Last year they over achieved, the playoffs against Colorado revealed what they were - soft, buttery soft.

I

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Is that a phishing link ?

Lol I’m on my phone and don’t know how to get the twitter post to show.

it basically shows how Jake is out scoring guys like debrincat , skinner, Kessel, Benn etc so far this year 

Nice game, Chukles.

Does the lead in Lucic's skates give him more momentum?

Are we past the days where we should trade Myers for a bag of pucks and retain 3M?

Damn, it is so fun to watch them beat the Flames.

I wonder if ol 18 yr old picked up any pointers watching Virtanen play tonight.  He had a nice view from the pressbox.

Edited by Kragar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2