The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 29, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

At this point, anyone whining about Aquaman's ownership or JB's management needs to really reach for pretexts to be upset. Hot air is right.

You left our Green.  You want him replaced?  Oh, and the popcorn vendor.  What about him?  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pete M said:

They're on the right track for making trades and signings...didn't agree totally with the Ferland signing because of what is happening now, 100% against the LE signing but that is water under the bridge and he is a serviceable player (although overpaid). This past year for trades and signings, (other than the Ferland signing), they did well. On the fence about Beagle...Roussell was a great add...me think (mho) Baer would  make this team better compared to Schaller (move Leivo or LE down to the fourth line and play Baer with Horvat).

My prediction (quick look at the schedule) and depending on how TG uses the depth (i.e., not over playing a tired Edler and others), this team is playoff bound.

I think the Ferland signing was great. The team plays bigger with him in the line up. Who knew he would have 2 concussions this season. A healthy Ferland makes this team better. It's more unfortunate than anything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I think the Ferland signing was great. The team plays bigger with him in the line up. Who knew he would have 2 concussions this season. A healthy Ferland makes this team better. It's more unfortunate than anything. 

I can't say I knew, but I suspected that there ws a good posibility given how last season went

and how little interest he got in early free agency

On 12/30/2019 at 7:15 AM, Gaudette Celly said:

So... we won because Calgary was so bad.

:rolleyes:

No, we took advantage of their poor play.  Kudos to the players for doing that.

If you think Calgary played well, then maybe you ought to avoid placing any bets on the Cup Finals.

On 12/30/2019 at 8:32 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Sometimes when a team looks like they're playing the worst game ever, the other team has something to do with that.  Winning faceoffs/possession/battles on the boards.  Forechecking hard.  Forcing turnovers in the neutral zone with good stick work and poking the puck away.

Even shooting wide ... they were feeling pressured and letting the puck go too quickly without settling it/things.  Rushed.

Give credit where it's due.  Calgary wasn't responsible for our win...we were.

Calgary's used to using swagger and confidence to get it done and when someone crushes that, they're awful.  Canucks had all the swagger last night.  Loved seeing Tkachuk frazzled and gnawing on his mouthguard harder than he was playing.

Sometimes that is the case.

But the Canucks play had nothing to do with how poorly Riddick played in the first period... he was just bad.

And the Flames forwards also had open sides of the Canuck's goal 3-4 times in the First period... and they all shot wide.

The Canucks did take advantage of their chances and did pressure Calgary well, especially in the first and third.

But the opposition was not great.

6 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

At this point, anyone whining about Aquaman's ownership or JB's management needs to really reach for pretexts to be upset. Hot air is right.

No ones whining about them today. Aquilini posed the question, will we make the playoffs or not? I shot off a snide response, as I am apt to do, that IF we don't, JB and by proxy, Aquaman, may make some folks in here grouchier than usual.  Based on being maxed out with hard to trade veterans, and minus a #1, with the goal not achieved.  Just being real dude.

Not saying I want that. I want the opposite. I want fans throwing flowers at their feet because everything went as planned. I've already scoped out the best spots to nab along Robson.

Happy New Year ya bunch of die-hards!

toast.gif