The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Update) Quinn Hughes voted into NHL All-Star Game (Last Man Standing)

Rate this topic

Pete M

10 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Totally deserved and it would have been a embarrassment to the league if he didn't get the nod.  Can only help his confidence, not that that's ever been an issue!

Funny thing is that Cale Makar has not made the team.  Those Avs fans could not get their **** together and put in the votes.  Could've been so cool to see them as a pairing.

2 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Funny thing is that Cale Makar has not made the team.  Those Avs fans could not get their **** together and put in the votes.  Could've been so cool to see them as a pairing.

thats OK the better d man got it so its all good. 

4 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I am definitely thinking something along the lines of Phil Housley.

this is where we should set our sights as far as comparisons with former players. I don't think Quinn will be the goal scorer he was but I wouldn't be surprised to see him have very similar points and the elite skating. Similar size physically too. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

10 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

This exactly. This will be his coming out party to the rest of the league and their eastern bias. “Who is this kid?!...” ::D

I like it when they don't know anything about us.   

Just keep leaf blowing and stay away from our gems.

14 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this is where we should set our sights as far as comparisons with former players. I don't think Quinn will be the goal scorer he was but I wouldn't be surprised to see him have very similar points and the elite skating. Similar size physically too. 

I won't complain at all if he only turns out to be late-ballot Hall of Famer.

Yeah, I saw some similarities in their play and makeup from pretty early on.  And yeah, so far Hughes is projecting as a Murzyn-esque goal scorer, but it's still early.

Edited by Kevin Biestra