The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Update) Quinn Hughes voted into NHL All-Star Game (Last Man Standing)

Rate this topic

Pete M

On 1/5/2020 at 12:56 PM, Silent Man said:

To be honest, I would prefer him not to go.

This is the first season he is playing so many games and a bit of rest would be good for him and for the team.

Good point.

I am not saying Huggy will burn out towards the end of the season at all.

But I think perhaps, it would be more meaningful for him to pursue Calder which he can only take one shot at during his career. 

Makar is pacing the rookie class right now but if Nux makes the playoffs, Huggy has a solid statement because of how much of an impact player he has been for us this season. 

Just my two cents. 

Come on, you grinches!

Quinn wants to go, deserves to go, and it will not hamper his performance post-ASG at all.

He should hob-nob with the best players in the world and be recognized as the new guy.

Quinn Hughes has changed our team and represents a seachange in the sought-after qualities of NHL defensemen in the 2020s.

Vote as much as you can and give the guy his due.

[PS  Vote for Larkin too; what a tool, what a fool, dissing the All Star Game where only the best in the best league in the world for a hundred years (?) have been recognized.]

• Wat 1

58 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Come on, you grinches!

Quinn wants to go, deserves to go, and it will not hamper his performance post-ASG at all.

He should hob-nob with the best players in the world and be recognized as the new guy.

Quinn Hughes has changed our team and represents a seachange in the sought-after qualities of NHL defensemen in the 2020s.

Vote as much as you can and give the guy his due.

[PS  Vote for Larkin too; what a tool, what a fool, dissing the All Star Game where only the best in the best league in the world for a hundred years (?) have been recognized.]

The first ever All-Star game was the Ace Bailey game in the mid-30s, but it wasn't an annual event until somewhere around the late 40s or early 50s I believe. 

7 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

I don’t understand why people have to vote for Larkin just because of his comments. Isn’t this kind of childish to on purposely vote him in just because he doesn’t want in? 

Precisely!!! 

We have nothing better to do and we’re not better then that, which leaves me with only one option: vote for Larkin! 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Precisely!!! 

We have nothing better to do and we’re not better then that, which leaves me with only one option: vote for Larkin! 

Larkin should’ve kept his mouth shut and everyone would have just leave him alone. Base on his stats, I don’t think many people will vote him in ahead of other players in his division to begin with. Now that he has spoken, the internet will take over, and he will definitely be getting votes now from the fans.

17 hours ago, -AJ- said:

The first ever All-Star game was the Ace Bailey game in the mid-30s, but it wasn't an annual event until somewhere around the late 40s or early 50s I believe. 

Thanks AJ.

Even though the All-Star game itself is not very good hockey, the whole process of being recognized as an All-Star, in any league at any level, is pretty darn cool, imo, especially for the players.

• Upvote 1

This is how I feel about it. Quinn said he wants to go. And if he makes the Pacific squad, it'll be because we collectively put in time and effort to support him (it's not that hard, but still). And I think he'll feel that tangible support and passion coming from the fans. So whatever his current feeling towards Vancouver is, it can only improve, which could impact future contract negotiations. We probably only have one shot at this because next year, I think he'll be an automatic invite.

And when it comes to the scrims, perhaps the other all stars will experience what they've been missing in their lives all along - playing with a talent like Quinn. This could impact their future contract negotiations. Although I suppose there is the danger of this working in reverse.

Edit: While I agree it's possible he'll be more fatigued, I also think he could come out of the weekend with even more confidence and therefore even better play.

TL;DR: I think we should vote him in.

Edited by kawhi so serious?
  • Upvote 2

Feel bad don’t have an nhl.com account or had the time anyways to spam the voting link.

Really want him to make it and I hope everyone who can has been voting lots and lots. 

kids the best candidate to be there is great for 3 on 3. I’d take Hughes over burns and doughty for OT any day of the week.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't think that report is correct @-Vintage Canuck- Patches is replacing a player 

He's replacing Silfverberg - Vegas had no representative as Fleury declined.  Hertl is also out of the last-man in running and will replace Couture.

So it's probably between Doughty, Gaudreau and Hughes.

• Upvote 1