The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evan Rodrigue requests trade

3 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

That's a values thing. Markets where you can't leave your house without getting swarmed are super appealing to some players and a nightmare to others. And the biggest factor in Edmonton and Buffalo being at the bottom of the list is how bad those teams have been over the course of the last decade.

Canadian fans are clearly the best for their love of their teams.  That would be fun to play in.  Montreal is the best.  Toronto would be next, but the city is a hole.  Edmonton has the great fans, and history of winning.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Canadian fans are clearly the best for their love of their teams.  That would be fun to play in.  Montreal is the best.  Toronto would be next, but the city is a hole.  Edmonton has the great fans, and history of winning.  

Yes until the team is bad. Then those great fans aren't so great to be around. Being on a bad team in a Canadian market doesn't sound very appealing. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

Yes until the team is bad. Then those great fans aren't so great to be around. Being on a bad team in a Canadian market doesn't sound very appealing. 

That’s for the players who have families.  That would be bad.  For the single guys, what’s better than a city that loves the team?  

2 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Most players want to play in NY or LA.....  and for good reason.  Great cities to be a young guy in.....

45 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Most people in the world need a passport to travel Alf.... not everyone has a scooter that can fly like you do.....

Alf talking with Gritty, that is a new sit com right there

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Cold, icy winters makes a city a nightmare, especially for us scooter goers.  That’s why the easterners who can afford it, retire out here.  I doubt those with the means retire in .bufallo. 

Nobody retires in the Northeast.  You'd be a moron to.  There's a reason why NFL games that the Bills play in Carolina and Florida have so many Buffalo fans at them. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I guess Alf using words longer than  4 letters went over your head.  lmfao

Actually it's ten! Thank you very much ha

salty cause old alf pulled a good one and like most people from Surrey missed it ha 

and since you don't have a special permit you better not leave the area ha passports arnt special enough for you guys lol

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Winnipeg, Detroit, St Louis  etc are by most metrics a worse place to live than Buffalo, and we aren't seeing a mass amount of players requesting trades from there. I still think there's something in the water there hasn't been addressed. Let's not jump to blaming the city.

It's because Ralph Krueger makes no bones about it when he has no use for you.  He just sticks you in the press box.  That's a death knell for players like Bogosian and Rodrigues.

A team desperate for defence next year will take a chance on a low dollar contract for Bogoosian, but Rodrigues was only originally brought into the NHL by the Sabres because he was Jack Eichel's wingman at University.

If Rodrigues doesn't get out of the press box and back on the ice, his NHL career is headed for either the toilet or the AHL.

Maybe its because I'm not old (yet) but I'd honestly rather live somewhere cold like Buffalo than somewhere that gets blisteringly hot like Miami or Scottsdale. I can't stand the heat. Thats part of the reason I like BC so much, yes it doesn't get as cold as the rest of the country, but it doesn't get as hot either.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So a guy who went undrafted and has zero goals this year is demanding a trade.  Why not just send him to the minors where he belongs?

The Sabres need cheap forwards, but with Rodrigues constantly in the press box anyways, I'm surprised that they even bother keeping him up as the extra forward.

I think the Sabres recently promoting a guy from the AHL to the NHL over him is what made Rodrigues' agent finally speak out.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Most players want to play in NY or LA.....  and for good reason.  Great cities to be a young guy in.....

Not to mention when the Kings, Rangers, or Islanders suck, nobody rides or hounds the players about it.  They just get ignored while everyone watches one of the other professional sports teams.

• Upvote 1