The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evan Rodrigue requests trade

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Eichel clearly makes guys he plays with better than they are.  Jack scored his 25th tonight!  

He's having an awesome year.  If you want to make a Leafs fan angry, tell them that Eichel is better than Matthews.  It's really burning their butts this year because Eichel is showing how much better he is and he's doing it on a lousy team.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

He's having an awesome year.  If you want to make a Leafs fan angry, tell them that Eichel is better than Matthews.  It's really burning their butts this year because Eichel is showing how much better he is and he's doing it on a lousy team.

He's the best American player currently on the planet.

His development is a lot more akin to Mackinnon who needed a few years to breakout and become one of the top players in the league.

The great thing about Eichel right now is he isn't a part of a dynamic duo like Pasternak/Marchand, McDavid/Draisaitl, Barkov/Huberdeau. He's doing that all by himself.

Mackinnon usually has Rantanen but he's been out and Mack has stepped up big since.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm happy to see this. Because I do think Mathews is a heck of a hockey player. But I'd say Eichel is a more complete hockey player. 

And I'd take Eichel over Matthews. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Do people in Buffalo (like Surrey) need a special permit to go visit anywhere?  

I think they call that a “day pass” alf. 

And yes. Yes they do. 

* Who the hell is evan rodrigue? 

Got it. 26 year old. Smallish. Undrafted. Two years in the league. Thanks googlebot. 

Edited by MystifyNCrucify

11 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Generally hockey players have very glowing things to say about Vancouver and the fanbase. I think we overestimate how much of what we say online and it’s effects on these guys. Lol. 

Look at how Dahlen was hunted online due to a short phrase from Benning. Don't you think players around NHL take notice?

And those with children can have a hard time due to other children behaviour in par example school. 

If Loui had to move his family due to the situation at school, do you still believe it is an overestimation? 

I'm not talking about normal banter or jokes but when the fans turns ugly. 

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Look at how Dahlen was hunted online due to a short phrase from Benning. Don't you think players around NHL take notice?

And those with children can have a hard time due to other children behaviour in par example school. 

If Loui had to move his family due to the situation at school, do you still believe it is an overestimation? 

do you know that for sure? all I ever saw on this was a Sekeres tweet suggesting it might be a thing. Hardly a trustworthy source, he's proven to be full of bs many times over. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I’d say NHL players, who have families, could have troubles in a Canadian market.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Edler gets attacked online all the time and yet he does not want to waive his NTC. Jake got attacked all the time and even got roasted like crazy especially after the World Juniors that one year and I bet he has no problem staying here. I really doubt the power we have is all that significant. 

Edited by N7Nucks

43 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

do you know that for sure? all I ever saw on this was a Sekeres tweet suggesting it might be a thing. Hardly a trustworthy source, he's proven to be full of bs many times over. 

I used the word "if" because I don't know. But I know how people behave online and people behave as they're full blooded alcoholics. Not the nice alcoholic but the beating ones... 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Edler gets attacked online all the time and yet he does not want to waive his NTC. Jake got attacked all the time and even got roasted like crazy especially after the World Juniors that one year and I bet he has no problem staying here. I really doubt the power we have is all that significant. 

Edler? When is he attacked online? A few mutterings and many that defends him. Jake as a youngster and the confidence from Green has no problem either. Jake has a fair few that really believes in him. 

Compare that to the mob against Loui. 

Literally ever third post had a dig at Loui in every thread here. 

Has any player, except maybe Messier, came close to that? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

"In other news, some almost unknown small unproductive nhl player named rodrigues (or something like that) wants to be traded..."

Some of these bubble nhl players are bizarre. They are not very good (as compared to other NHL players) so they don't get much ice time. So what do they do instead of working hard on their game? They ask for a trade......

....yeah ok.  :picard:

See ya in europe rodriques....

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I used the word "if" because I don't know. But I know how people behave online and people behave as they're full blooded alcoholics. Not the nice alcoholic but the beating ones... 

yeah a lot of online behaviour is borderline insane, if not full on. I don't believe though that anyone thats truly a fan of the team, follows prospects closely, etc. would ever hunt down and abuse players or prospects in this way. I think its psycho's that probably troll multiple teams just to be mean to fill some void in their sad little lives.