The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs. Blackhawks | January 2nd, 2020! | 7:00pm PT, SNP | Decade vs. Decade

Rate this topic

Roberts

Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the game?

• Vancouver Canucks
    • Chicago Blackhawks
  2. 2. How many goals will the Vancouver Canucks score?

• 0 goals
    • 1-2 goals
    • 3-4 goals
    • 5+ goals
  3. 3. How many goals will the Chicago Blackhawks score?

• 0 goals
    • 1-2 goals
    • 3-4 goals
    • 5+ goals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/03/2020 at 03:00 AM

3 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I'll never forget that hit. Gillis should  never have let Willie walk. Oh well

AV and Mitchell were against each other, AV said Willie should have played through a little ding, WM disagreed and was in the doghouse after, with Coho and Grabner, AV just refused to play those in his doghouse, Willie, Coho, Grabner and Ballard. Glass stated the same thing when AV told him he had to take on Boogaard, the only way to get icetime.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

Let's start the decade out right. Nucks win and keep their streak alive. 5-1.

Happy new decade, all.  It's the decade we win the Cup!

And oh yeah...fire Green.  Just wanted to be the first to say it here this year! 

If he can continue to get the team to play inspired, 60 minute games, he can stick around for a little longer. ::D

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I find a lot of fans overlook how outstanding that team was.  So many players were in their prime and there was a terrific balance of skill, tenacity and physicality.  8 players with +40pt season and top points in the regular season.  They were so much fun to watch and at times, seem to win games without breaking a sweat.

The 2011 run was incredible when you think of those games on the way to the final match up.  Of course the Boston series was devastating for a variety of reasons and it had a crushing effect on the team and fans.  We all know the history, but it shouldn't take away from the fact that they truly were a great the team.

This current team is still in its formative years and has a ways to go to reach the pinnacle that the former team achieved. Reaching game 7 of the SC final; the most difficult championship to win, is a long journey that takes a tremendous effort by every player on the team.

It takes a different breed to be successful in the playoffs and players with a lot of character. This team has yet to be tested yet but with character players such as Petey, Miller, Marky, Jake, Roussel and Hughes, I see good things ahead for this team and its fans. 

• Cheers 3

30 minutes ago, Roberts said:

The leafs haven't won a single playoff series this decade.

just like last decade ::D

OMG, could you imagine TSN and Sportscenter.

Kipper would wake everyone up in Canada like Santa Claus screaming, "leaves win cup, leaves win cup".

And that's just one series.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Boeser, Demko, Ferland, Pearson, Horvat, Edler and Tanev also

Yes Edler and Tanev have been warriors for us in the playoffs although not part of the "up and coming" young core. I sure wish Ferland did not have concussion issues as he would be key in the playoffs and I think its too early to assess Demko just yet.