Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[GDT] Canada vs. Slovakia | Quarterfinal | Jan. 02, 2020 | 6:00 AM PT

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Flag-Pins-Canada-Slovakia552f75d0e9fb9_6

 

2020 IIHF U20 World Championship | Quarterfinal
January 02, 2020

6:00 AM PT | 9:00 AM ET
Ostrava, Czech Republic | Ostravar Arena

 

can_logo.png

 

CANADA

 

Liam Foudy (F)
Joel Valeno (F)
Raphael Lavoie (F)
Alexis Lafreniere (F)
Akil Thomas (F)
Connor McMichael (F)
Ty Dellandrea (F)
Quinton Byfield (F)
Dawson Mercer (F)
Dylan Cozens (F)
Aidan Dudas (F)
Barrett Hayton (F)
Nolan Foote (F)

 

Kevin Bahl (D)
Calen Addison (D)
Bowen Byram (D)
Jacob Bernard-Docker (D)
Jamie Dysdale (D)
Jared McIssac (D)
Ty Smith (D)

 

Nico Daws (G)
Joel Hofer (G)
Oliver Rodrigue (G)

 

 

svk_logo_2019.png

 

SLOVAKIA

 

Martin Fasko-rudas (F)
Oliver Okuliar (F)
Kristian Kovacik (F)
Adam Pauliny (F)
Dominik Jendek (F)
Jakub Minarik (F)
Marek Minarik (F)
Viktor Durina (F)
Robert Dzugan (F)
Maxim Cajkovic (F)
Daniel Vladimir Tkac (F)
Nicolas Ferenyi (F)
Dominick Jendek (F)
Michal Mrazek (F)

 

Boris Cesanek (D)
Marko Stacha (D)
Oliver Turan (D)
Marcel Dlugos (D)
David Mudrak (D)
Samuel Knazko (D)
Martin Vitalos (D)
Martin Bucko (D)

 

Samuel Vyletelka (G)
Samuel Hlavaj (G)
Jakub Lackovic (G)

 

 

gocanada.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foote ejected for hit. I hope he doesn't get an extra game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Lafreniere Effect. The Alexis Lafreniere Experience? 

Edited by Ghostsof1915

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My boss is crazy to make me work today on a hockey day!   Always go in early, without fail.  

 

Not today.   

 

He's Italian/in Italy right now...going to tell him it's Canadian law to watch holiday hockey.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, debluvscanucks said:

My boss is crazy to make me work today on a hockey day!   Always go in early, without fail.  

 

Not today.

I have to get ready for work. I hope the game is on the radio. I leave in 45 minutes. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The Lafreniere Effect. The Alexis Lafreniere Experience? 

I'm definitely getting drunk off ALE. 

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I have to get ready for work. I hope the game is on the radio. I leave in 45 minutes. 

Me too (re radio).  But I don't have to leave for awhile and it's put your make up on at work day I hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching that replay, I think the zebras missed the call on Foote. Hopefully they review and no suspension is levied.

 

They might even rescind...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Watching that replay, I think the zebras missed the call on Foote. Hopefully they review and no suspension is levied.

 

They might even rescind...

That’s most likely not even called in the NHL if we’re being completely honest. I get player safety but that’s one of the softest majors I’ve ever seen. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pears said:

That’s most likely not even called in the NHL if we’re being completely honest. I get player safety but that’s one of the softest majors I’ve ever seen. 

Agreed. Although, (as McKenzie pointed out) they are more strict in International hockey, they also seem a bit more willing than the NHL to admit that a mistake was made during the game. This is why I mentioned they might even rescind the call.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I noticed in that late PP by the Canadians, they refs still seemed to be a bit slanted against TC. There were a few legit opportunities to make calls that would have resulted in a 5 on 3. One in particular was when Addison couldn't keep the puck in at the right point.....he got into a puck battle with a Slovak forward and established body position, only to have the Slovak forward overcome with an obvious hook, resulting in a semi breakaway....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice dangle by Docker....

 

Goes to show that Canada really doesn't need help from the zebras in this game. That being said, they do need Foote in the Semis....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I noticed in that late PP by the Canadians, they refs still seemed to be a bit slanted against TC. There were a few legit opportunities to make calls that would have resulted in a 5 on 3. One in particular was when Addison couldn't keep the puck in at the right point.....he got into a puck battle with a Slovak forward and established body position, only to have the Slovak forward overcome with an obvious hook, resulting in a semi breakaway....

There was a can opener takedown on the side of their net in the first too that was missed/overlooked.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.